Outdoor security cameras - recommendations Australia

Sarah361
Level 2
Hawthorn, Australia

Outdoor security cameras - recommendations Australia

Hi,

Interested to hear from other Australian hosts what outdoor security camera's they use?

Have heard positive things about Arlo - netgear and Nest.

App based and user friendly is important.

Thanks

Sarah

7 Replies 7
Joan181
Level 1
Charlottetown, Canada

I bought 4 Arlo cameras for the 4 entrances to my place.  In spite of people raving about how good they are, I am not happy.  The problem may be the technician who installed them.  First they were sending me hundreds of emails detecting motion ( he said he was going to nix that feature but he didn't so I managed to figure it out and cancelled it myself)  Then the cameras stopped working and he came back and put them on again.  Lasted for a couple of days and then switched off.  The manual I downloaded to understand how they work is humungous so I have not bothered to read it.  Those things have not worked for months.  A friend told me when guests come in and connect to th wifi the IP  adresses change and this causes a problem.  When I have nothing better to do I am going to go back to the store and insist that they fix it - otherwise I will put them up for sale.

Thanks for feedback

Nest all the way! We love it and have had no problems. Let’s us know when inperson is in our driveway and send alerts to our phones. We have and indoor and and outdoor and I installed the outdoor easily myself. 

Great thanks

why would you put cameras inside the room of your guests?

is this what all hosts do?

it seems some what of an invasion of your guests privacy

Robyn, if you read the question, you would see i was referring to outdoor cameras.

Dave207
Level 2
Spring Hill, FL

Not in Australia, but I do have security outside and in common area inside. My choice was Arlo, and I am very happy with them. I have run power cables to them to eliminate battery dependence. My outdoor cameras include entryway, driveway, yard area front, yard area back, and pool area. Motion can be controlled so I really have no issues with ARLO.