Overall Rating

Dori22
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Overall Rating

hi all

My guest personally claimed that he gave me all 5 stars apart from cleanliness (still asking why it was 4 only), but it ends up the 'Overall Rating' is only 4 stars.

anyone can explain why is that?

it is impacting my superhost status

thanks

dora

4 Replies 4

@Dori18

Firstly I would check in your progress section what the scores actually were. Having said that, I recently had a guest stay who complained there was no Cable TV, even though my amenities stated there is no Cable TV. They gave me 4 stars on 4/5 categories (2017  - I had 9 out of 9, 5 star reviews) and my overall score was shown as 3 star for that guest group....go figure  !! ... chasing a Superhost status is a losing battle if you ask me...

Dori22
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

thanks

Not impossible, as I am scoped in for superhost

i got 5 starts on all, and a 4 star on cleanliness. how come the avarage is 4 then?

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Dori22

Guests are asked to give 1st an overall rating (your guest may have given you 4 there - I can't see your rating in your listing yet). After that, they are asked to rate each aspect separatly. There is not an "average" done there. 

I don't undestand your comment " Not impossible, as I am scoped in for superhost" as you do not have 10 reviews yet, so you would not be a superhost. 

I always recomend hosts to 1st be guests on airbnb - so they undestand the process, and what to expect, before becoming hosts.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Dori22

The overall is not an average of undercategories, it is a separate rating altogether.