[POLL] What is the average length of your bookings?

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

[POLL] What is the average length of your bookings?

Sybe_0-1652956027217.jpeg

Hey everyone,

As we’re slowly coming closer to the end of spring and the start of summer, lots of people are finalising plans and making preparations to take a small break away from their everyday lives. While some might go away on a short break, others could be planning a few weeks' holidays or even take their work and laptop away somewhere for a longer stay and a change of scenery.

The type of guests and length of stays you get depends on many different aspects, such as your listing type, location, amenities or even local legislation.

What is the average length of stay for your guests and why do you think that is? Was what you expected when you started hosting, something you were aiming for or perhaps that changed over time? Fill out the poll and let us know more about your experience in the comments!

Thanks!

Sybe

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

61 Replies 61

Good Afternoon,

We have been busy down here in Miami, Florida

post pandemic since Florida remained opened.

Bookings every week of the month average stay

4-6  days. However since the new platform we 

are completely Flat. We don't know what happened but

not one single booking for June or there after and the

views 10-20 a day. Called customer service they say 

their has been a lot of complaints from other hosts 

throughout the country. Not sure whats happening if

anyone has any input please share.

Thanks, Sandi

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

Not sure if this was mentioned or if anyone else was using this but the phone app still displays the average length of stay for the area. 

In my case its 3 days as mentioned above. This is why I configured my settings to accommodate shorter stays with more flexibility. Obviously the new Summer update now defaults to listings with week long stays, less views, and taking longer to rebook canceled nights.  

Amazing that 90% occupancy rate for past 2.5 years isn't good enough for Airbnb.

While I understand that they need to innovate and improve, I think they should be more careful to not tamper with what's working.  Especially now guest are looking for shorter getaways. It would be best if Airbnb would try and understand what their customer wants, instead of trying to manipulate them, as not every guest will want to stay a week and abandon their search. 

IMG_2025.PNG

(PS.. Charleston has 10 million visitors a year)