PSA: HOSTS. You better check the new cancelation policies that have been rolled out!

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

PSA: HOSTS. You better check the new cancelation policies that have been rolled out!

Hi fellow hosts. Unless I missed something AirBnb has changed their cancelation policy without notifying hosts. This could have a dramatic impact on the way you manage your property. Once again I am disappointed with the lack of consultation in this VERY important area.

IMG_2857.JPG

9 Replies 9
Jayesh0
Level 10
Urangan, Australia

Hi @David-and-Fiona0 

In Australia we still have just the normal cancellation policy choices.  I will watch for Super Strict.

Thanks for the heads up, Lisa

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

It still says for us that Super Strict is by invitation only.  I think you need to be a remote property or have 50 or more listings to qualify.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@David-and-Fiona0

The policy is there when I go into the help center and when I go into my listings and click "view full details of cancellation policies", but in my case they are not applicable to any of my listings.  They only allow the three old ones; flexible, moderate and strict - I cannot change to any of the new settings like strict with grace for example. It must be a glitch as this is very confusing and can lead to misunderstandings and conflicts.

Super strict 30 days is by invitation only, so that would not be available to most of us in any case.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @David-and-Fiona0 Super strict are by invitation only.

This is the policy you have in place for your listings

home/cancellation_policies#strict

Michelle-and-Ray0
Level 10
Kimberley, Canada

Is it me or is it that every time ABNB "offers" something to guests, it means taking something away from hosts?

Totally NOT pleased with this!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

This a new cancellation policy, I assume they list both the new and the old as the previous policy will apply to exisiting bookings and new booking will benefit from the 30 day full refund if Strict.

I have Moderate but always assume a Guest can get a full refund if they really want to.

David
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Thanks for the heads up @David-and-Fiona0, good to keep the eye on the ball. It still shows the 'old' policy for me (US) also.

Michelle-and-Ray0
Level 10
Kimberley, Canada

Where did you find this? Someone posted the same thing on a FB group and someone else said that it was a from a test they did in San Francisco over a year ago.