Palm Beach County Florida Delisted!

Christopher961
Level 3
Delray Beach, FL

Palm Beach County Florida Delisted!

Airbnb delisted all of my properties by accident and will not then them back on. I'm bleeding money everyday, yet no help. Unbelievable I can't even get someone on the phone that has any info. They keel escalating it, yet no one calls back. 

32 Replies 32
Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

Private Message Airbnb directly through Twitter repeatedly.

Give them a chance an honest chance to respond.

They will more than likely respond eventually in a timely manner depending on the time zone (i live in AK so time zones are a huge issue for me in regards to obtaining prompt responses). 

If you by chance happen to speak to Twinkle Y in health and safety, please give her my best regards. 😀 she’s an excellent case manager. 

Sometimes that “deactivation” button accidentally gets pressed by  Airbnb representatives. 

I feel your pain. 

Unfortunately this is happening with a lot of people in our county of Palm Beach Florida. It's a system wide failure. No response from anyone in one full week. 

Danielle649
Level 2
West Palm Beach, FL

Having the same issue here, Christopher! Every day I call and they say it's escalated but not picked up by a case manager yet. I called the tax collector this morning to make sure we were all up to date on everything (not sure why we wouldn't be, but figured it was worth a call) and she advised me that she has been getting an influx of calls over the same matter. The rep at Air Bnb today told me my case still hasn't been assigned to a case manager yet. She gave me this link to file on feedback that will be sent to management. Maybe you can try it too? https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Christopher961
Level 3
Delray Beach, FL

Maybe someone should contact the Palm Beach Post and get a story going. 

I think I will. I did it before, got featured on the segment with the town meeting, and got more attention 

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

@Christopher961  Have you found a solution or heard from anyone yet?

Nope. I guess I'll just delete my accounts and start over. This is a valuable lesson for me, I will never allow myself to rely on Airbnb for my business. Thank God I also have HomeAway. Any issues, HomeAway fixed it immediately. I have a dedicated rep that I can call anytime. Airbnb, they won't even call me back, it's a joke. It's like they have a major issue they can't figure out, so they are just ignoring their customers. Crazy stuff. Someone needs to write a story about this so other investors understand. 

Sorry to hear Airbnb shut down your listings. Why did they do that?

No-one should ever rely on a single marketing channel for their business success @Christopher961 

Investors won't be interested in this story.

But you can definitely contact your local media to see if they are interested in covering it.

Nothing yet. Haven't heard from anyone. This is happening with a lot of people in this county 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Christopher961 

Mate, with 18 reviews over two listings spanning back to 2018 I don't know that 'bleeding money every day' is an entirely accurate statement, but, from the way you have come here to the CC it is my perception that you are the architect of your own problems. 

Sure mistakes happen Chris but, the sort of help you are going to receive from CX is directly determined by how you approach them. Getting stuck into CX with a big verbal stick, is the quickest way to get your ticket closed. You have to appreciate these guys are getting their heads ripped off every day! Everyone who comes to CX has a problem and most of them are angry.....they just want their issue fixed. 

If you approach them in a gentle manner and ask them if there is any way they can help you over a hump in the road.....they will move mountains! Chris, I have been there, I have worked in Airbnb support, I gave it away in the end because I could not continue to handle the abuse that came with the position. 

I logged off one night about 1.35am went down to Ade and said....'I am not going to log on tomorrow morning, I have, had enough!'.....and I had! I had enough of logging on in the morning and getting ...."Where in the f***k are you, what do I have to do to get some help around here?" Support is soul destroying!

Christopher, I don't know what triggered your issue, all I can say is, both your properties.....not 'all of them'...... just the two of them, are up and visible and are available for booking when I searched a few minutes ago. 

Mate try to understand, hosting is not easy, it taxes us at times, I am not satisfied with everything that happens on the Airbnb platform, but it is making me money and as long as they do I will keep treating them with respect. Give it a try, you might find it will work in your favour!

Cheers.....Rob 

Cool story Rob. I'm glad you're using this situation as an opportunity to vent about how hard it was to work at Airbnb. The listings in Palm  Beach County are being delisted for short term rentals, they are staying on for 180 days or more. I tend to only use Airbnb for last minute bookings, as I prefer the HomeAway network as they have better customer service. I have 10 listings, I keep some active on Airbnb, and some inactive. Regardless of if the Airbnb team thinks my portfolio is large enough, that doesn't matter. There is a system wide failure taking place in this county. When we log on it says "you need to register your listing to be able to rent for less than 180 days". Most of us are already registered, so when we click on the link to register it says, "thank you, you're all set" and shows our registration information. Over the last week I've contacted about 10 different support agents from all over the world. I've had one agent say this was a registration issue, but it's not. Along with all the other people having this issue, we have contacted the local municipality and they said their phone is ringing off the hook from people about Airbnb turning them off when in fact they are registered. Airbnb finally told me that this is a system wide issue that engineering is looking into, and won't provide any other feedback. Everyday that passes in the middle of our season is a day of missed opportunities. Your comment does not help find resolution to this problem. 

Wow @Christopher961 

Why have a go at your fellow host  Robin4 who was clearly trying to help you by suggesting an approach that might work for you and use his own personal story to illustrate the point.

Although I sympathise with your predicament it is sad to see you taking out your frustrations on a fellow host who was only trying to help.

An apology from you to Robin would not be out of place.

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

@Christopher961 

I can only imagine your rage and frustration. I have been in similar situations with airbnb early in my hosting career.  None as serious as yours. I remember vividly how abandoned and helpless I felt. No one seemed to care and no one answered my emails ( they were closed as resolved without answer, despite how very polite I was)  and similarly with phone calls = lots of platitudes, lots of promises, no action despite the fact I remained calm and polite throughout.    I have learned that when something TECHNICAL goes wrong the Cs reps have absolutely no clue at all and seem to be directed to "speak no evil" - ie give out no information whatsoever just redirect and get rid of.   Personally that is what I found the most galling. I can cope with most things, however much I may dislike them, so long as I feel informed. 

I have no idea what will happen but my strong suspicion is that it will get fixed - eventually - but in the meantime you will get little or no communication, you wont' ever get told what went wrong, and most likely you will not be informed when it is fixed. From airbnb's perspective, a cone of silence will descend on this episode.   In all honesty the only real help you are likely to get from these boards is a bit of empathy and perhaps finding a few other hosts in a similar situation.  I don't think anyone can really help with the behemouth of technical glitches, of which there seem to be an inordinate number of varying degrees of seriousness.

However I think your suggestion of going to the media is a clever one. The company despises bad publicity. Anything that attracts negative press is likely to get fixed quick smart ( or quicker smarter than it previously would have).

Apparently, although I've not tried it, tweeting on airbnb gets better results than phoning

I was kept in limbo over 3 weeks with one of my "glitches" despite a CS representative earnestly assuring me he would most definitely call me back within 24 hours and he would most certainly not be one of those representatives who did not follow through.  I never heard from him again. Or anyone else for that matter.

I do feel for you and I do wish you the best of luck.

Crazy, I called in yesterday and the guy said "no problem I can fix that right now". He literally fixed it within 5 minutes, got me up and running on all properties. Obviously engineering just figured it out. Meanwhile, HomeAway fixes issues sooooo fast, whereas Airbnb took 9 days to get me up again. After this experience I will be a major advocate of the homeaway network, and only use Airbnb for filler dates. I won't be putting any eggs into Airbnb's basket, only crumbs. HomeAway and I make a lot of money together, Airbnb's customer support is worse than any company I've ever experienced lol. Thank God I have HomeAway and was able to rely on them for my down time so I didn't skip a beat.