Palm Beach County Florida Delisted!

Christopher961
Level 3
Delray Beach, FL

Palm Beach County Florida Delisted!

Airbnb delisted all of my properties by accident and will not then them back on. I'm bleeding money everyday, yet no help. Unbelievable I can't even get someone on the phone that has any info. They keel escalating it, yet no one calls back. 

32 Replies 32

@Christopher961 great to hear you are up and running again.   Is Homeaway comparable in fees to airbnb?

HomeAway has a hugeeeee network where you get advertised on hundreds of websites when you join. This is my full time business so I personally pay $500 per year for each listing on HomeAway, and I make a lot more bookings through them. They pay you right when you get the booking also, instead of holding the money until check in. The per booking fee is much less than Airbnb, so it averages out. I'm running multiple properties so I like to do everything I can. 

@Christopher961 thanks I appreciate the info.   
*edit*  sadly Homeaway took over a NZ company called bookabach which is what I would have to use here in NZ.   The terms are different here.   Major point is that the payout is done a day after checkin just like ABB, I was liking the idea of getting paid at time of booking!!! 

@Delwyn3 here you go.

Rental WebsiteHost FeesGuest Fees
HomeAway$349 to $999 annual subscription OR 10% to 13% per bookingGuests may pay damage protection or cancellation protection.
Airbnb3% per booking5% to 15% fee depending on property.

Hi @Helen3 here in NZ we can only use Bookabach which is owned by HomeAway.  I have been told by property managers that they do not like the site since it was taken over by HomeAway.

This is the info I find online. (pasted below)

https://help.homeaway.co.nz/articles/How-is-the-pay-per-booking-fee-calculated-nz

I don't think 5.75% is too bad BUT my neighbour is on Bookabach and she told me that there are other charges/fees but she did not go into detail.

What I don't like is there is no detailed information and the website just starts you through a wizard process to create a listing....  No thanks!!!

How is the pay-per-booking fee calculated?

A total of 5.75% is charged for all bookings 

This overall fee is comprised of:
  • 5% commission charged for the rental amount, any fees (such as cleaning or pet fees), and any additional payments. 
  • GST is calculated at 15% on the commission rate, and will always be 0.75%.

Chris - I just saw your latest note.  Congrats on getting back on line. I'm hoping I will be soon.

Christopher961 
i would appreciate any input on case manager name that could help me as I’m in the palm beach county area and experiencing same problems with listing. Thank you in advance for your help!

I don't have any names, I just kept calling until I got someone to help. Finally some guy that sounded Asian (Philippines) was able to fix it within minutes. Odd!

ABB usually follow up with an email within minutes of the time you were on the phone with them. It will have the agents name whom helped you so perhaps you could try and help me out by reviewing your follow up email from that day. Thank you in advance of your time and considerations.

Christopher, CONGRATULATIONS----This is a plead (with tears streaming down my cheeks)...did you by chance get a incident number (or the like) for the correction done, and if you could share that we me. I have made several calls and keep getting told there is no timeline for correcting the glitch. It could be that your problem was different than mine, but I need to try anything-----Fortunately HomeAway has been feeding my starving children, but I am concerned for the long term (haha)....Thank you, Carlos

Barbara2124
Level 1
West Palm Beach, FL

Hi Chris - I'm in West Palm Beach and have the same de-listing situation. They took my listing off line in late December and I didn't know until early February.  No emails; no notice whatsoever. 

I've called AIrbnb customer service three times and got nowhere. After asking to speak to a manager, I was told that wouldn't be possible, but a case manager was being assigned and they understood it was a wider issue.

Like you, I have all the relevant licenses and pay bed taxes each month, so that's not the problem.

While I realize things can go wrong with web platforms, Airbnb's lack of communication is deplorable. Communication with them is a one-way street.  There's no mechanism to speak to anyone who can actually help.  

I plan to keep up the phone calls.  I hope you will as well.  

Fingers crossed.

Morgan357
Level 2
Boynton Beach, FL

I am also experiencing these same issues. Airbnb delisted one of the two rooms I have available in the same house with the same active registration.

I have been in contact with several different people, none of who seems to know what is going on, and they have stopped calling me back and switched to occasional emails telling me it's my fault because I need to register my listing with the local jurisdiction. Obviously this is untrue because both my listings are registered and in good standing and use the same account, as required by the local jurisdiction, Palm Beach County.

I also reached out to PBC to verify my account were active, in good standing, registered correctly and that I even had the correct numbers in case for some reason I had a typo. I confirmed everything was correct and was told about the influx of calls from local hosts experiencing the same issues. Yet when I approached Airbnb with this, they seemed to ignore it and stick to their story that it wasn't their fault.

The latest communication I have from them is now referencing the wrong county, and I still have no resolution. It's been over three weeks that my listing has been down now. This is an integral part of my income and this is our busy season so it is absolutely deplorable the way they are handling (or rather not handling this).

I'm so glad you were able to find a resolution over the phone so I'm going to call again today to see if they can fix it!

Morgan357

Are you back up on active listings Morgan?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone, 

This a known situation with some listings the West Palm Beach area - each affected user will have received an email on January 30th so please do check your inbox and spam for next steps. If you did not receive an email and have not yet contact CS, please do. If you did not receive the email and are stuck on CS, please do message me directly.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hi Stephanie

I got the email last week and sent it back. How long is it going to take for me to get back on?