Pasadena CA Hosts Need to Register with the City NOW!

Lia---Garry0
Level 6
Pasadena, CA

Pasadena CA Hosts Need to Register with the City NOW!

Any Pasadena hosts in this group -- Please note that the City of Pasadena has passed an ordinance requiring all hosts to register for permits (done online -- fee = $106). Registration deadline is April 27, 2018 ... find info here -- www.cityofpasadena.net/shorttermrentals/

The new code allows unlimited hosting in your primary residence when you are on site, and 90 days when you travel

We have a network of hosts who have been working for 3 years to make hosting fully legal in Pasadena ... We meet monthly and support each other in hosting ...Please Joine us at  https://pasadenahomesharingnetwork.com/

Please feel free to contact me for more informatiion or help.

-- Lia -- Happy Hosting!
5 Replies 5
Barbara1225
Level 2
Pasadena, CA

Hi, I am in Pasadena too. 

Thanks for being part of this community. 

My name is Barbara and I am hoping you get this note. 

I am having difficulty figuring out how to get my space in compliance with the city.  According to the notice on my listing page, Airbnb is,"Your listing is in Pasadena, CA where Airbnb collects and remits occupancy taxes on your behalf." 

I don't see any evidence of any activity nor understand how to submit a Permit online. 

I called host services and unless there is a different #, they don't have a live person picking up anymore. 

I did submit a query on their help desk a bit ago and am reaching out to get the legal steps completed this week.

I appreciate feedback! 

Lia---Garry0
Level 6
Pasadena, CA

Hi Barbara --

As my previous message says,  all Pasadena hosts are required to  register for permits. This is done online only through the City of Pasadena registration portal --  -- www.cityofpasadena.net/shorttermrentals/     -- fee = $106.

The new code allows unlimited hosting in your primary residence when you are on site, and 90 days when you travel

Here is step-by-step on what you need to register --

Step 1 —

Download the forms — these include:

Instructions

Neighbor Notification Template

Property Safety Inspection Self-Certification

Affidavit of Application — to be notarized then scanned

Step 2 —

To prepare for the registration, please organize all your required documents  — the above forms, plus 3 photos,  and 2 proof of residency.

• Complete the required forms and save them as PDFs or JPGs on your computer,  your phone, or laptop computer

I suggest that you SAVE EACH INDIVIDUALLY.  

Name them:
YourLastName_DocumentName.PDF   or  Name them: YourLastName_DocumentName.JPG

This will be very helpful when you go to upload the documents because they need to be uploaded individually

• Provide three photos of the property as described in the instruction and save them as JPGs on your computer or your phone

• The Front Entrance

• A Wide View of the Exterior of the House and Property

• An Interior Photo of Any Room

For proof of primary residency you will need a utility bill, gas bill, phone bill or other item per the online instructions. Scan these or photograph them with your phone.

You will also need your Assessor’s Parcel Number — enter your address here to get that: https://portal.assessor.lacounty.gov/  or look on your property tax bill

There is also an option to enter your address in the online application and get your number, but it doesn't always connect correctly we found

You will be issued your permit number upon completion of the application.

Permits are per host not per listing  — then you post your permit number on each of your listings.

Once you get registered you need to be sure your permit number is in your listing….

To put your permit number on your listing/s --> Go to "Your Listings --> Click on the Listing --> Edit Listing --> Click on the Tab "Local Laws" --> click Edit --> add your permit number which begins with SRH2018-0XXXX … then fill in the Xs for your number

If you need help submitting the permit online, message me again and I can set a time to help you sometime next week ...

Airbnb is not involved in helping you get permitted.

However, all guests staying at Airbnb rentals in Pasadena are now charged the transient occupancy tax. If you go to your "transaction history" in your Airbnb account and click on "gross earnings" you will see a column that shows how much TOT has been paid by your guests and sent to the city by Airbnb.

You will also need to return to the city online portal quarterly to file your quarterly tax report ... but if you only rent through Airbnb and no other platforms or your own website, then you only fill out the form and no payment will be due.

We have a network of hosts who have been working for 3 years to make hosting fully legal in Pasadena ... We meet quarterly and support each other in hosting ...Please Joine us at  https://pasadenahomesharingnetwork.com/

I hope this is helpful to you  ...

Would love to have you get together with our group ... hope to meet you sometime soon

-- Lia -- Happy Hosting!

I have a couple of questions about the Assessor's Parcel Number ... I look on the link and found it according to our address here in Pasadena. But where does one apply it on the application i.e. (page number)

Also what is this number used for?

Lia---Garry0
Level 6
Pasadena, CA

Hi Kelvin and Jodi,

Welcome to hosting in Pasdadena. 

There is a box where you will be asked to put in your assessors number ... I’m not sure where exactly that box is in the online form for registering for your permit 

Here are complete directions for registering and then putting your permit number into your listing. — 

Registration  is done online only through the City of Pasadena registration portal --  -- www.cityofpasadena.net/shorttermrentals/     -- fee = $106.

Here is step-by-step on what you need to register --

Step 1 —

Download the forms — these include:

Instructions

Neighbor Notification Template

Property Safety Inspection Self-Certification

Affidavit of Application — to be notarized then scanned

Step 2 —

To prepare for the registration, please organize all your required documents  — the above forms, plus 3 photos,  and 2 proof of residency.

• Complete the required forms and save them as PDFs or JPGs on your computer,  your phone, or laptop computer

I suggest that you SAVE EACH INDIVIDUALLY.  

Name them:
YourLastName_DocumentName.PDF   or  Name them: YourLastName_DocumentName.JPG

This will be very helpful when you go to upload the documents because they need to be uploaded individually

• Provide three photos of the property as described in the instruction and save them as JPGs on your computer or your phone

• The Front Entrance

• A Wide View of the Exterior of the House and Property

• An Interior Photo of Any Room

For proof of primary residency you will need a utility bill, gas bill, phone bill or other item per the online instructions. Scan these or photograph them with your phone.

You will also need your Assessor’s Parcel Number — enter your address here to get that: https://portal.assessor.lacounty.gov/  or look on your property tax bill

There is also an option to enter your address in the online application and get your number, but it doesn't always connect correctly we found

You will be issued your permit number upon completion of the application.

Permits are per host not per listing  — then you post your permit number on each of your listings.

Once you get registered you need to be sure your permit number is in your listing….

To put your permit number on your listing/s --> Go to "Your Listings --> Click on the Listing --> Edit Listing --> Click on the Tab "Local Laws" --> click Edit --> add your permit number which begins with SRH2018-0XXXX … then fill in the Xs for your number

If you need help submitting the permit online, message me again and I can set a time to help you sometime next week ...

Airbnb is not involved in helping you get permitted.

However, all guests staying at Airbnb rentals in Pasadena are now charged the transient occupancy tax. If you go to your "transaction history" in your Airbnb account and click on "gross earnings" you will see a column that shows how much TOT has been paid by your guests and sent to the city by Airbnb.

You will also need to return to the city online portal quarterly to file your quarterly tax report ... but if you only rent through Airbnb and no other platforms or your own website, then you only fill out the form and no payment will be due.

We have a network of hosts who have been working for 3 years to make hosting fully legal in Pasadena ... We meet quarterly and support each other in hosting ...Please Joine us at  https://pasadenahomesharingnetwork.com/

I hope this is helpful to you  ...

Would love to have you get together with our group ... hope to meet you sometime soon

-- Lia
Happy Hosting!
-- Lia -- Happy Hosting!
LaDonna12
Level 1
Pasadena, CA

Hi everyone!  My name is LaDonna and I am a new host.  This is my dream come true…been a corporate executive for more than 2 decades and decided recently to change careers.  While I am super excited, it’s complex and I would love to meet new friends in this community.

La Donna