Password

Ellen2
Level 2
Cannes, France

Password

Hi , is there someone around to explain how I can change my password ? I cant recal the old one, and airbnb havent replied to me at all by mail, tried everything but cant get into my account ..... HELP !

22 Replies 22

I am able to login to my account (on a PC using Chrome) using my current password.  When I try to change my password I get an error screen that tells me to try again later.  This has been going on for two days.

Craig546_0-1587163695727.png

Do you have any idea what might be wrong?  I believe my password and e-mail address were compromised in a hack.  I've deleted by credit cards as a precaution.  I am reluctant to use the site for anything until I can this resolved.

Thank you.

@Craig546  The site's been really glitchy lately, but you could try using a different browser- Firefox works well for Airbnb site.

But the other possibility is if your account actually has been hacked, you may very well be locked out. I think you're going to have to contact Airbnb pronto if trying a different browser doesn't work.

@Sarah977 Thank you for your response.  I trdied Firebox and MS Edge and still had the same problem.  I would like to contact Airbnb about the issue but I have been searching through the website and I don't have any idea how to contact them.  Do you have a recommended way to contact them?  Thank you

@Craig546  There is a large pinned post on the first page of the Help section of this forum- "Contact Airbnb". You'll find phone numbers there. You can also contact them through Twitter, or the Airbnb website. To send a message through the website, go to "Help", and just follow the prompts until you get to a button "Contact Us" and you'll be given a message box to fill in.

However, if you are locked out of your account, I don't think you be able to message that way- you'll have to phone or send a Twitter message.

I have been waiting for support to contact me for 3 days, I have a booking coming up.  I even spoke with a live chat agent who escalated my call and still waiting.  

my email has changed from *sensitive information hidden*

@Lindsay304  This is a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb CS. No one here can change your password and I wouldn't be posting my personal email addresses on a public forum.

I have been waiting for Air BnB to contact me regarding my escalated issue.  They are horrible.  I am unable to change my password because I no longer have access to an email account that I originally registered with.   I need to cancel a booking and even my super host sucks at responding.  Why is this so difficult????