Paving a walkway or letting guests walk through house

Paving a walkway or letting guests walk through house

I have a private room but in order to access it, I either need to pave a new walkway or let my guest walk through my home.  I would rather not pave a new walkway since it's big $ down but I'm not sure my guests would like walking through my home.  Wife and 5 kids....would really appreciate the help.  Pave or let them walk through?  Thanks.

Ernesto

21 Replies 21

Thank you very much.  I do like getting the kids involved.  I just looked up stepping stones and looks like something I could do myself.  Will look into it further.  Thank you.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Helen3 @Ernesto172  My guests have kitchen usage, so they do come down and use the kitchen sometimes. But the fact that they have a private entrance to their room/bathroom really helps preserve a sense of privacy and doesn't make me feel that guests are in my space. Nothing wrong with guests using the main entrance, but if there's an option, it actually works quite well. Sometimes my guests go out or come home straight from their room, and I really have no idea whether they are here or not.

Interesting.  Not sure I'm ready to share the common areas but I'll keep it in mind.  Thank you for sharing.  Looks like I'm moving forward with the walkway.  

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

I also have a big house & 5 kids, despite the ability to make a guest space in our house I would never give guests access to anywhere that my kids would be. The reviews would be atrocious. 

Get some good lighting, create a path and allow your guests & your family some separation from one another. 

Got it.  Will do.  Thank you.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/13463323

@Cari3 who is also a contributor here in CC listings are well worth looking at to give you all inspiration on paving ideas, Poseys Pozzi - Cob Garden Cottage, enjoy as much as I did when I found her Profile through her contributions in here.

All the best

You have a neat and unique space.  Thanks for sharing the ideas.