Payment Method Verification/Test Deposit

Antonio2514
Level 1
Rincon, Puerto Rico

Payment Method Verification/Test Deposit

After we enter a direct deposit (ACH) payout method, and e-mail is sent by AirBnb to the host. If they are making the $0.01 test deposit and I don't have to do anything until the verification process is completed, why the e-mail sent by AirBnB states the following?

"We suggest that you confirm the test payout was successful before your first guest checks in."

In my opinion it doesn't make sense, the wording should be changed or deleted and it is very confusing.

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Much of Airbnb's wording is ambiguous or confusing. They seem to be quite challenged as far as composing messages in a straightforward and clear manner.

However, this message doesn't seem unclear to me. It is just telling you to make sure you see the .01 cent deposit in your bank account in case there was some glitch, so that you'll receive your payouts okay. @Antonio2514

Hello. I added a bank account(ACH) as a new payout method. Interestingly I don’t see that $0.01 deposit in my account but received an email from airbnb that the payout method is verified now.