Payment not collected by Airbnb

Payment not collected by Airbnb

I have instant book. I had someone book one night. They sent me a reservation alteration which I accepted. I didn't receive the payout so I contacted customer service. I was informed that the additonal night wasn't paid for. I asked why I wasn't notified immediately. I am getting the run around and haven't received and answer back from Airbnb. It has been 8 days and I get is it's with collections. I can't even get and answer if the first night was paid. I also left a good review already. There wasn't any problems with the guest...other than the apparent payment issue. Has anyone had this type of issue?

2 Replies 2
Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Devin32, I read about it in another forum. Same situation: alteration came through, but payment was blocked, no information on it. 

The bank blocked it, it could be a security measure, when the same request, same booking number comes twice in a short time. Like an error and to prevent fraud, they block it. 

Best to contact the guest and ask about it. The other host got the situation cleared in a joined effort with the guest. It’s abug, that the host is not informed. Better to ask for a second booking in such a case.

Same problem , I'm owed around $17,00 AUD