Payment options in another currency?

Indyk0
Level 2
Modi'in Makabim-Re'ut, Israel

Payment options in another currency?

I have an overseas bank account and would like payments to go via that account even though I am living in another country,II dont want paypal payments in my home country currency how do i get the payments direct to my overseas account not via a credit card account but via a direct account ? I want the money to arrive in Australian dollars equivalent to USD charge!

2 Replies 2
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Indyk0

Hello Indyk, you cannot nominate what currency you will be paid in, but via Airbnb's routing rules you can nominate an account for your payouts to go to.

Payouts will be directed to the country of the billing address of your account that Airbnb has on file associated with your account, and will be released in the currency associated with that billing address.

Your account may have been set up in one country but you host in another....ie your account is in New York in the US but your listing is in Indonesia....you will be paid in USD with no option to be paid in Indonesian Rupiah!

There are no other options to that Indyk. I hope this helps you to understand.

You may find this link helpful....

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1516/can-i-choose-my-payout-currency?topic=1053

Cheers.....Rob

Hello Robin, Isn't this a crazy system? I rent a house in France and would like to receive payment in Euros because I will be paying tax on my lettings in France (euros) and I will be maintaining my house in euros, yet even if I open a euro account in the country of my billing address (the UK) I have no option but to be paid in sterling which I then have to convert to euros. Airbnb should sit up on this - on the Homeaway website it is very simple to do.