Payments on hold whilst business verification process

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Payments on hold whilst business verification process

I have been hosting for 2 years and always received payment on time from AirBnb.  In June i received an email saying that due to one of various reasons that i would need to be Business Verified and sent a link to a page to update my details.  The link only took me to the Dashboard page with no form to complete.  I placed a call and was told to complete details into the Professional Tools page.  Call handler said it would take upto 72 hours to process.  Now they are saying that it failed to verify and no one can explain why, or what the next steps are to resolve.  Called in again and was told there was now no flag saying i need to be Business Verified.  Payment is still sitting as pending and AirBnb wont tell me why they cant release the payment.  Its building up and now sitting at over £2500 since last payment on 19th June 2019.  We have future bookings (August is our busiest time with the Edinburgh Arts festival and people looking for accom) which i am now considering cancelling until we get paid, but i dont really want to do that.  Any thoughts anyone how i can get passed this problem?

15 Replies 15
Julie4443
Level 1
Tweedmouth, United Kingdom

I am currently having to update details by 15th March but it is american and I am UK. I don't have a business number only my UTR number in UK. Do I just put that in my tax id and business ID?