Payments

Tina6892
Level 2
Fremantle, Australia

Payments

Hi all wonderful Airbnb Host just wondering if anyone is having to same problem as me being not being paid by Airbnb I have now been waiting 16 days for a payment please comment Thanks in advance x

19 Replies 19
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Tina6892 

Hi Tina, sorry about the delay in responding, as you did not tag your response to me I was not aware that you wanted further information.

What is the state of that payout in your Transaction history? Is is showing in your 'completed transactions' or as an upcoming transaction?

Secondly, how are you in contact with CX? If you are not getting a response from them through the phone pool I would suggest you try contacting them via Twitter.

Airbnb seems to have dedicated staff who monitor their Twitter feeds, they seem to have a higher level of expertise than the phone support....are better at decision making and I usually hear back from them within 5-10 minutes of posting my issue.

Step 1: Log into Twitter

Step 2: Search for @Airbnbhelp and choose "Follow" them

Step 3: Send a Direct Message (DM) explaining your issue and wait for their response.  They will ask for personal information regarding your listing which may appear like duplication, but what you are trying to do is start a new ticket. Always provide any information  over DM so it is not public.

You may get a better response if you do this Tina!

If you need to get back to me Tina, tag me in your response, I will then be alerted to your reply. If you are not aware how to tag a user, hit 'SHIFT and @' together, and a list of contributors on this thread will come up in a box. Click my avatar and your comment will then be directed to me!

Cheers.......Rob

Hi got paid today 23 days later

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Tina6892 

Tina, around 2 years ago in 2018 between the 10th September and the 15th October no Australian hosts who used a bank account as a payout preference got paid....not one! 32,000 unprocessed transactions. In each case Airbnb sent Aussie hosts the following email.....

Bank details.png

There was nothing wrong with any of our bank details, this email was a stalling tactic, and the worst aspect of it was, we got no further explanation.....we were not kept in the loop. Even CX had no idea what was going on! Many agents told us to put in place a new payout preference which just muddied the waters still further.

A lot of us panicked , we felt Airbnb might have been going bust. To cover ourselves we ghosted our listings across to Stayz or VRBO and started getting bookings through those sites.

Mid November all our payouts started coming through, in my case it wasn't dramatic, there were about 10 in total but the value wasn't more than a couple of thousand dollars, but for some hosts it was upwards of $13,000 and it was quite dramatic.

We got no explanation, none whatsoever, but about the same time we got that initial email we got another one saying Airbnb were now required to file share all Australian hosts information with the Australian Taxation office! 

It was my contention that the computing system which controlled the Australian arm of the business did not have the capacity to handle the amount of data required by the ATO and keep up with general 'housekeeping', so all Aussie payouts got put on hold until the ATO were satisfied. 

I could be wrong, but with the absence of any other form of explanation.....it is feasible.

I bring this up Tina because, where money and Airbnb are concerned, from time to time it pays to expect the unexpected!

Cheers.......Rob

This key part of your advice doesn’t work because nowhere on the Airbnb website does it show guest payments transactions history like: A) how much has been paid already by the guest. B) How much is still due. C) When it’s due. Instead, Airbnb keeps us owners in the dark, which really increases the probability that we lose money. Why are they so bad at designing a usable website that shows us key information? This is the part of your advice that doesn’t work:

"3/.....Never accept a guest into your property while payment is showing as pending or the confirmation code has disappeared from your transaction history. This means that Airbnb have not been able to access the guests payment and you will be stiffed for payout if the guest turns up!"

Tina6892
Level 2
Fremantle, Australia

Hi got paid today whoo! 23 days late