Payments

Tina6892
Level 2
Fremantle, Australia

Payments

Hi all wonderful Airbnb Host just wondering if anyone is having to same problem as me being not being paid by Airbnb I have now been waiting 16 days for a payment please comment Thanks in advance x

19 Replies 19
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Do you see such a payment scheduled in your Transaction History > Upcoming Payout list?

Yes been waiting since 25th of July 

I be darn, that is a definite issue; that would indeed get me nervous also.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Katie,

Would you please see if you can help @Tina6892 with a payout issue?

Cheryl464
Level 4
Clearwater, Canada

I had this problem last summer and it made me extremely nervous but in the end it was resolved. I had to constantly keep contacting them and at one point they actually blamed it on my banking info which had never changed. Thankfully, it was resolved in the end. 

Cheryl
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Debra300 thanks for the tag 😊

@Tina6892 I'm really sorry to hear this - have you been in touch with Support at all?

Vilda6
Level 2
Onslunda, Sweden

Me too. Have been waiting for two weeks. Have gotten 50 cents. No reply to my messages in the help center.

How long have you been waiting? Thanks Tina

Donald219
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

I am also having issues with being paid, seriously thinking of delisting my property from Airbnb.

Are they in financial difficulty?

Hi how long have you been waiting?  i have another booking this weekend! Getting worried. What are you thinking? Thanks Tina

How long have you been waiting?

Really do not know! How ling have you been waiting? How can we delist when  we have many bookings and they are holding our quests money! Thanks Tina

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Firstly, the payment protocol Airbnb uses is totally automated!

There is not a support person sitting in front of a terminal saying, 'will we release this payout..... or not'!

The system does not randomly single out some hosts for payout and not others! If you don't get paid there is a reason!

Hosts will automatically receive an email from Airbnb 24-30 hours after the guest checks in informing them that a payout for a particular reservation has been released to their payout method.

At that point the hosts transaction history will show the payout as a Completed payout and the relevant transaction will show as 'processing'.

If the payout at that point is still showing as an upcoming payout, the host will not receive that  release notification email and (if during normal working hours)  it means the system has not been satisfied with a payment for that reservation code.

It is wise to follow your transaction history closely for your upcoming reservations. If a guest has booked for a future reservation and payment was not successful at the time of booking, the confirmation code will show in the transaction history, under 'Upcoming payouts' and will show the legend 'Payment Pending'. If the payment has not been made after 48 hours of booking, the transaction will delete itself from the transaction history and it will become an unsuccessful reservation! 

This is why it is important to keep checking on the status of reservation payments. If there is 'back and forth' communication between CX and the guest regarding payment, the host will not automatically be notified of this because CX may grant a payment extension and the only way to track the status is....the Transaction history!

Now some really strange things do happen along the way! For some incredibly obscure reason, no Airbnb payout transfers take place over a weekend! As a host, you will receive an email on a  Saturday informing you that a payout had been released for a specific reservation, but, it will still show as an upcoming payout in your transaction history until the following Monday where it will then shift to a completed payout! The electronic world, where Airbnb payouts are concerned, comes to a standstill on weekends. 

I will leave others to form a judgement on that! 

So to possibly save yourself a lot of financial pain try to use the following steps. 

1/......When a reservation is confirmed, check the status of the reservation payment.....is it showing up in your transaction history as an upcoming payout? If not, it could have been allocated to another confirmation code....one that is not necessarily yours! Or your payout method could have been compromised and your payouts are being re-directed to another account

2/.....As soon as email confirmation has been received that a payout has been released to you, check on its status.....Is it showing as a completed payout or still as an upcoming payout?

3/.....Never accept a guest into your property while payment is showing as pending or the confirmation code has disappeared from your transaction history. This means that Airbnb have not been able to access the guests payment and you will be stiffed for payout if the guest turns up!

Apart from a one month period in 2018 where no Australian hosts got paid, I have never had to chase a payout, they have all arrived exactly when they were supposed to. I have on a couple of occasions had to query the status of a payout with CX , but they have all been reliable in the end.....and it is because I keep on top of my transaction history that I have been able to make that happen!  

Cheers........Rob

Hi read everything you wrote!H they have paid and Airbnb have their money! I have been waiting since25th July and have another booking this weekend amount will be$3000 they owe me please recommend what to do! Have connected with them every day for  the past 16 days feeling worried thanks Tina