Payout Change - South Africa - Exchange4Free

Andrew52
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Payout Change - South Africa - Exchange4Free

Hi Everyone,

I've seen a couple of posts on this issue but they are contradictory so just asking again in hopes of getting some clarity.

After receiving notification from AirBnB of a recent payout I received an email from Exchange4Free requesting that I complete a mandate. This is the first time I have ever heard of them and AirBnB have not made me aware that there would be any change in the payout process. Furthermore, there are no entries in the help database addressing this change.

Is this a legitimate request from Exchange4Free?

Lastly, it's one thing to make the mistake of forgetting to inform hosts of this change, but it's highly unprofessional to fail to fix the mistake by eaither emailing South African hosts after the fact or at the very least make a post in the help database to clarify the situation.

Hope I get get some clarity - thanks!

Andrew

60 Replies 60
Ross4
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Totally agree with Michael, but you are righ to be cautious.

Liz20
Level 2
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom

Where does this leave us?

Lyka C., Nov 7, 11:43 CST:

Dear Liz,

Thank you for contacting us about the messages you received—I’m so sorry to hear that you had this experience. I’ve forwarded this issue to our Trust and Safety team for further investigation.

Please do not communicate with Exchange4free anymore. If you were in contact with Exchange4free, we recommend changing the password for both your email account and your Airbnb account immediately. Exchanging contact information without an accepted reservation isn’t safe practice, as it can expose you to online fraud. For more information and tips on how you can stay safe online, visit our Help Center: www.airbnb.com/help/article/501

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns—we’re always happy to help!

Best regards,

Lyka C.

www.airbnb.com/help

Edward14
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

same story here. filled in the details 2 days ago and still waiting for payment.

Also the second payment of a fraudulent profile who stayed 5 weeks in july/aug was never paid out , despite promises. I don't trust airbnb anymore.

Edward14
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

The money was just paid, 2 days delay, but maybe that was because of the festive season.

The good thing is, no bank fees were deducted, like before.

The bad thing remains , that it would have been better to have been prepared to a change in the way you pay out, so we know what to expect.

Ross4
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Yes Andrew I had the same message and phoned them on the number they had on the email for queries. i agree it is very strange. I am  contacting the airbnb ambassadors in Cape Town,Christine da Silva 0828305370 and Corina Rosca 0609749011

I filled out the mandate yesterday and then felt that it might be a scam. Phoned the airbnb ambassador Christine and she said it was 'legit'. Haven't got paid yet. Has anyone gone through exchange4free?

Ross4
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

What is this with Exchange4Free? I have spoken to them twice and am totally underwhelmed. I asked the person who phoned me to get back to airbnb and get them to send an official notification to all the hosts so that we would not think they were scammers. There has been no official word from Airbnb about them. This is completely unprofessional. Even if they are ligit. it creates a precedent  that can be used by scammers in the future. Enough Already!

Jeannette15
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Do Airbnb look at these posts? Because it is very fristrating not finding any line of communication with them. (No contact numbers or email to be found) Have any hosts recieved a mandate for 2017? Exchange4free are holding on to my funds  from December because I have not completed the mandate for 2017. I have not even received this mandate. 

Ross4
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

No that is not acceptable. The number for them is 010 500 7819. You will then talk to a human being. The system is working fo me as I was doing the whole thing via Pay Pal ans FNB, a bit of a mission. So just sign the form and phone them. You will find it relatively painless. Ross

Ross4
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

To add a little detail though. As you saw in my first post  I was very frustrated and later phoned the UK to get to the present solution, so it has been quite a difficult path. Ross

Jeannette15
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Thank you for responding. It was good to find this forum and find the numbers on here to phone. Before I was feeling so lost. I phoned exchange4free and got my payment. 

Ross4
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Good glad it all came right.

hi jeannette

im in the same situation you were in . havent been paid out for my first guest and was told by Airbnb the reason is that i needed to sign mandate with exchange4free. They told me i was supposed to receive an email from exchange4free  when i signed up to be a host but havent . When you called exchange4free directly did they already have your details from airbnb or did you sign up with them separate to airbnb ? im concerned that Airbnb have a special form with their details.  Im reluctant to go to them directly for the form so not to confuse the issue further.

Any advice ?

Regards

Laura

Hi Laura

I would suggest phoning them. I think that I had not signed with them yet, but they had my details from Airbnb (Or another third party) They were very familiar with Airbnb and did not get the impression of it being a large company when I phoned, so they will definately be able to help you. +27 11 453 7818

Good luck

Jeannette

Thank you Jeannette

Will give them a call  🙂