Payout Delay, Missing Transaction

Mary866
Level 3
Milwaukee, WI

Payout Delay, Missing Transaction

I'm calling it a delay but it's been four days since my last guest checked in and I have received no payment from Airbnb and still no email indicating that a payout was sent.  This is very unusual because Airbnb always has notified me at the end of  Day 1 after check-in to let me know that a payment has been sent.  I checked my transactions page and the reservation was oddly missing.  It was not in the completed payments column nor in the upcoming payments column.  There is no 'pending column' where I hope my transaction is hiding. I called Airbnb customer service on Day 2 after check-in to see if there was some kind of problem or hold on the payout and the representative told me that there was no problem, that the payment was supposed to be sent but for some unexplainable reason, wasn't.  She advised me to wait a couple of days to see if anything happens.  I've been monitoring my deposit account daily to see if there has been any deposits from Airbnb - there are none. And still no email from Airbnb even after my guests have checked out.  

I'm fortunate that my bookings have picked up again after the devastating cancellations in March thru June, none of which qualified for relief funds.  Now I'm becoming concerned that Airbnb may be having financial troubles, as predicted early in the Coronavirus outbrea, and can't pay make the prompt payments that we rely on.  After absorbing nearly $10,000 in lost bookings this Spring, I really depend on those timely payments for my damage control plan.  An interesting note:  I did online searches for 'Airbnb financial trouble' and found many articles from March and April, but none, yes none, that are more recent than early June.  

Have any other hosts experienced this delay, or non-payment?  I'd appreciate your feedback.

117 Replies 117
Lisa1889
Level 2
Arnprior, Canada

There are other threads and posts in social media about this. You aren't alone and this is very very concerning. I've been waiting on Airbnb for several days despite an "urgent" status on my account to get it resolved. Guest has come and gone, and the payout is not showing as paid or upcoming.

Calvin101
Level 2
Lithia Springs, GA

I am new to Hosting and extremely concerned. I'm hosting in my home for 2 weeks. It's been 4 nights and I have not been paid. I'm extremely concerned. I don't see evidence of the transaction either. I do see the current reservation but no payout.  

I’m having the same problem, my guest checked in on 7/16/2020 and no payment notification was ever sent. I called Air BnB several times & have received a different answer every time. The app shows the guest is at my home but the reservation payment amount has disappeared $ is missing from my July Progress.

I had the same exact issue @Anthony1148 . My guest checked in 7/16/2020 and stayed until 7/18/2020. No payout email was sent and it was removed from my July progress. I've called multiple times and the only response I've received is that they are looking into it.

@Brandon473  yes, I have spent countless hours on the phone with "Customer Support". I Have also messaged my "Case Manager". They have been no help what so ever!

@Calvin101If you're a new host, it can take up to a month to receive your first payout. More info can be found here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/425/when-will-i-get-my-payout

No this is not my first. The last payout came directly to my PayPal in 24hrs. This is an unusual case. Airbnb thanked me for my patience as they figure out why I haven't received my payment. 

@Calvin101That's unfortunate. Hopefully it's sorted out soon. 

Anthony1148
Level 3
Carlsbad, CA

I’m having the same problem, my guest checked in on 7/16/2020 and no payment notification was ever sent. I called Air BnB several times & have received a different answer every time. The app shows the guest is at my home but the reservation payment amount has disappeared $ is missing from my July Progress.

Call and ask to speak directly with a case manager. What you describe is exactly what I went through and I've seen several other hosts in groups that I belong to who are experiencing the same. Luckily, I only have two listings, but some with 10+ are horrified by how many payouts they are missing over the last couple of months. They literally "vanished" from the total earnings, upcoming payouts, etc, but still shows on the calendar.

We have the same issue.  It seems like something happened on 7/16/20 Check ins that caused 7/17 payouts to completely disappear.  Our monthly payout total dropped by the 7/17 payout total without a single cancellation and the payout is completely missing in transaction history.  Very frustrating that Airbnb will not release a statement on the issue.  And are not responding to cases.

I have contact AirBnB about no payouts and they said they would pass the issue on to a supervisor that would  be in contact with me within 72 hours - 9 days later and I’ve been calling nearly every day. And no call no payment nada! 

Lisa1889
Level 2
Arnprior, Canada

I just called Airbnb back and asked to speak directly with a case manager. The agent put me on hold again and I landed to the case manager. Once he confirmed that everything looked fine and I should have been paid, he said it would be escalated to their payments department and sent me a case number. I will call every day, and if not resolved by tomorrow with a time resolution, I will cancel future bookings. I'm not in this as a charity.  Frighteningly:  he mentioned "the guest's payment went through, I had to check." I asked him why he would have to check that, since the guest was clearly booked and stayed. He said that sometimes the guest's method of payment has an issue, and Airbnb can't pay the host until it's resolved.  That's pretty concerning......

@Lisa1889 This is exactly my fear. I'm concerned that this guest's payment is the issue but it shouldn't effect my payment if Airbnb accepted it. It is seriously stressing me out.