Payout Problem 911

Kevin512
Level 2
La Grange, IL

Payout Problem 911

Hello, 

I have 6 payouts that have been delayed.  Some are over 1  month old.  I've opened 2 support cases on this matter.  Lots of correspondence going back and forth with a bunch of "canned" verbiage from support reps.  Ultimately, and without notification to me, each support case was closed.  They indicated that some other group was looking into the matter.  I'm beyond frustrated as I seem to have nowhere else to go except through customer service.  I'm hesitant to open another case, as they don't seem to get resolved.  What are my options?  A few ideas:

1)  Start a twitter  (or other Social Media) campaign (with frequent posts) to get Airbnb to respond to my issues?

2) Go to Airbnb HQ and insist on meeting someone in person?

3)  Try to determine  an Airbnb email address and contact a Support Executive directly via email?

4)  Other?

I've never heard of a case being closed without resolution.  In both cases, they indicated a "problem" on Airbnb's end.  Below is the last (laughable) comment I received from Customer Support before the case was closed.  UGH!

"Sorry if it confused you, our specialized team is handling the case. The one works with the error. I was advised that you'll just need to wait on your account or payout to be released.  You may call your bank institution if itś posted on your payout or you may check your Transaction History from time to time if it is reflected"  

6 Replies 6
Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

I never personally had a problem with payouts. Only if the guest stayed during a bank holiday have i ever had an issue. 

Dont start any tirade. Take a deep breath and react calmly (i have practice in this). Think about how you would prefer someone to react to your request first. 

I suggest direct messaging on Twitter (don’t put Airbnb on blast by posting publicly-give them a chance to respond just like you would want others to treat you).

However, there is no excuse for late payouts.

You provided a service and you deserve to be paid in a timely manner. 

There is a tad bit of “off putting language” from call centers not based in the US.

I’m thinking maybe the representative that contacted you is confused and not you.

Don’t use big words or slang. It trips them up and then the representative becomes confused themselves. 

Not being disrespectful to anyone that English is their 2nd language. 

The call centers have verbiage that they are directed to say to all of your requests. 

I realize that their response, “I’m sorry it’s confusing to you” is entirely disrespectful on many levels. 

I have received responses similar to that myself. It’s aggravating at best. 

Ask for a supervisor of whatever department you have contact with. 

Call between regular US working hours (whatever your time zone is). 

I have issues because i live in AK so most times my responses  from Airbnb are from someone overseas. 

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

Let me add that, yes, Airbnb has closed cases without a resolution, unfortunately. 

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

@Kevin512  Link with some contacts that you may find useful.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/airbnb/

Note that Belinda Johnson is no longer the COO, having stepped down in November 2019.

Christine1081
Level 4
Humboldt, TN

I'll add that yes they can close the case if they have done what they can do with it. The have the final say-so and that is in writing on their end. In the end all you will get your money. 

Christine Warrington
Evelyn668
Level 1
United States

I’m having major issues with missing payout AND being deducted from Covid cancellations refunds to guests when I wasn’t ever even paid out. I’m livid and CAN NOT reach a soul or get any help. I’m about over this site! @Christine1081  Any answers for you yet? 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kevin512 

I would normally be very upset if a CS rep closed a case without the issue being resolved which, in the case of a missing payout, means that payout being issued to me.

However, I had three payouts that were showing as pending rather than processing for the longest time. I contacted Airbnb about it several times. Each time I was told it was a technical error and that the payouts would now be issued but they never were. This went on for months and months until the earliest of these payments was 1.5 YEARS overdue.

Then I was dealing with a rep about another issue and she was really helpful and knowledgeable so I asked her to help me with this also and she did get it sorted and quickly! But, she explained to me that, although she had passed it on to the relevant team, they would only act on it AFTER I had closed the case. I know that doesn't make much sense, but she said that was how the system works. So, I reluctantly closed the case (something I hadn't done when I contacted Airbnb about the matter the previous times) and Voila! I got my payments.

Now, I am not saying the same will happen with you, but it might explain why you were asked to close the case. I would give it a try but if the payouts aren't then issued, unfortunately you would be back to square one.

The other thing I noticed is that often when a case is passed around from one team to another, some information gets lost or miscommunicated along the way and more mistakes happen.