Payout Problems

Julieanna0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

Payout Problems

As this is the second time and second time in a row that I have had payout problems, I thought I would mention it in the Airbnb community.  The last time I had guests, I noticed my payout had completely disappeared.  To be more clear, my guests were staying with me and when I checked there was no amount in the "pending" or the "completed" status under payments and payouts.  I had to call Airbnb and spend over two hours before something was done and the money was "found" and paid out.  I thought (hoped!) it was a glitch.  

I now have current guests staying who checked in this past Thursday.  As expected, I received an email Friday saying a payout had been issued.  However, after the trouble last time, I thought I would double-check.  Sadly, even though the email has a payout ID number, no payout has been issued.  I have spent a total of 3 hours on the phone with Airbnb today (Sunday) only to be told that there is no one available in any department that can help me, however, they can confirm that no payout has been issued and "someone will get back with me."  My guests have now been staying for 4 days of the 11 they have booked.  As I have another case (not related to payout problems) that has been open for 34 days now with no resolution, I am very concerned when I hear "someone will get back with you."

The first or second CS person I spoke with assured me if I was willing to wait on hold for another hour, they would get me to the "right" department to handle the problem.  Unfortunately, that did not happen.  I was told the department was inundated with calls and no one could possibly help me.  When I specifically inquired if other hosts were having problems with payouts, the CS rep told me they could not confirm that.

I'm feeling rather nervous,--is this something that is becoming a "new normal" for Airbnb now?  I'm curious to hear other hosts experiences, please.

Julieanna
34 Replies 34

Thank you for adding this list of traits, @Robin4. I have to be careful, myself, given what I do for a living, but I imagine people can get the general gist of what I'm attempting to convey. 

I also experience this it's so frustrating to experience 

Sally271
Level 2
Old Colwyn, United Kingdom

This actually begins to give me hope! I have an outstanding payment due from February. It was a situation of a cancellation of a long stay shortly before, which fell foul of my cancellation policy. On the phone ABB agreed I would be paid one month. When it didn't arrive and I queried I was told it was a problem with Indian banking! Never got anywhere, and I've tried again.

Will now go through Twitter and see if that produces the missing payment. When they close a ticket there is nowhere to go but back to the beginning again!

Or, you can go to the media. That seems to work quite well also, based  on the reports of hosts who did so and then suddenly received their payment, @Sally271 .

Anyone who is missing payouts should -

Request from Airbnb a copy of any and all bank details they have had on file for you since you first opened your account. 

Additionally, inform Airbnb that you require that they send you a copy of all documents relating to any previous failed attempts to send your payouts to you, to include source and destination details, payment reference number, disbursement reference number, originator reference number, WL reference number, beneficiary account number, beneficiary bank name and address, beneficiary bank routing code, payment method, alternate reference number, internal payment method, post-release information and reason for return/refusal.

That should get things moving. 

Penelope