Payout currency

Andreas64
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Payout currency

Hello Airbnb Community,

we have two properties and want to rent them both out. One property is in Spain the other one is in UK, therefore we have two different currencies, EUR and GBP. I were able to setup my account with two different bank accounts one in UK and one in Spain, I also split the Spain and UK property to the bank accounts accordingly. However, now I get this "message" from Airbnb, and we are not sure how we should interpret this message:

"Important Tip: The price for one or more of your listings is set in a currency other than EUR. Please set the price using the same currency, or otherwise your payouts will be funded in USD."

Will all our founds then in future converted to USD and then back to the currency EUR or GBP?

We are a bit confused, please could you help us to understand it a bit better?

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Andreas

17 Replies 17
Zandra0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Unfortunately you can't choose how you receive your funds even though you have properties in different locations. Your payout will always be in currency of where your account is set up. If that's in the UK then a payout in pounds is what you get for both listings. Where you set the currency to Euros, it will then convert the payout to dollars which is the company's default currency. Horribly messy right ...

That is seriously messy and right now with the GBP plummeting against the Euro, continuing to price European properties in GBP represents a 10-20 loss in some cases. 

There should be no reason whatsoever for AirBnB to force accounts to work in currency of their account country when hosts own properties all over the world already.

We desperately need AirBnB to fix this. The Payment routing model is brilliant but this messy model is a real drawback.

Dissappointed 

Philippa35
Level 1
South Harting, United Kingdom

I see you this conversation thread took place n 2016! It's now 2018 and I'm trying to list a UK property using a UK bank acct and a spanish property using a spanish bank acct - and STILL the same problem exists:

"Important Tip: The price for one or more of your listings is set in a currency other than EUR. Please set the price using the same currency, or otherwise your payouts will be funded in USD."

Is 2 years not lomg enough to enable AirBnB to fix this problem? It's a big tax and multiple exchange rate nightmare

Anna140
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

This is a nightmare. My wife is Polish and I am English. We have a listed property in the UK and another in Poland. Now because we can't split the receiving accounts for our two properties (ie income for one in Poland, the other in England, required for tax reasons), it looks as though we may have to abandon one of our listings altogether and pay for a new Airbnb listing, losing all our glowing reviews (probably for the UK property). If anyone has a solution for this I would be most grateful,

Ed

Anna140
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I am reading from the chatter here that it's impossible to receive income for two properties in different currencies (for no obvious reason other than Airbnb hadn't thought of this eventuality, it seems).

My wife is Polish and I am English. We have a listed property in the UK and another in Poland. Now because we can't split the receiving accounts for our two properties (ie income for one in Poland, the other in England, required for tax reasons), it looks as though we may have to abandon one of our listings altogether and pay for a new Airbnb listing, losing all our glowing reviews (probably for the UK property). If anyone has a solution for this I would be most grateful,

Ed

I'm in the same boat. 

I'm going to have to try to open a new listing with a different email address, and as you say, lose all my glowing reviews!!!

I'm on the phone waiting for airbnb now to find out how I can transfer the reviews over if possible. I've been waiting 35 minutes already!

Anne327
Level 2
Hatfield, United Kingdom

I  have also had similar feedback from Airbnb staff - advising to set up a separate account  - but then we loose our reviews and "history" with that particular property.

Anne

Philippa35
Level 1
South Harting, United Kingdom

Hi Barbara - did you ever find out how to salvage your reviews to transfer to an alternative listing??

So I've just set up an account in Canada but if I look at setting a payout minimum the only option is to use USD. I only have listings in Canada. How do I set the payout currency to Canadian Dollars?

Thanks!

Hello, I’m having the same issue. Was this solved for you? I would like to change the payout currency to CAD. 

Donald43
Level 2
East Geelong, Australia

I am a partner in a properety in Bali. I have the property listed in USD as that seems more productive. We have set up a USD bank account in both Indonesia and in Auatralia. However we are having no joy in getting the money which is already in USD with AirBnb transferred into either of our USD accounts. We also need these accounts for taxation purposes. 

We are losing a large percentage with exchange rates and bank transfers. Is there anything that we can doto resolve this problem?

Karen585
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi Andrea, where you able to solve your problem with payout in different Currency?

I also host 2 properties and got this message 

"The price for one or more of your listings is set in a currency other than EUR. Please set the price using the same currency, or otherwise your payouts will be funded in USD."

Really not sure how to fix this, as there is no way you can get in contact with anyone at Airbnb help... 

thanks.

Ron136
Level 2
Megali Mantineia, Greece

Hi

I have the same problem, account set up in the UK but the property we are renting out is in Greece and unable to set up price for in Euros.

After going to get the property legalised at no small expense this is very annoying.

Have there been any development on this situation or is airBnb likely to do something about it?

If nothing happening looks like best option is to create new account based in Greece.

Anybody with any ideas on this situation please?

Thanks

Ron

Ashley299
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello

I have gone into settings,  and then Poyout Preferences.  If you scroll down you can see Payout rules.  I have selected my Euro bank account for my Euro income, and my UK bank account for Sterling income.  I have selected 100% for both properties to the designated bank accounts.  This seems to get around the problems, and also avoids currency conversion costs.

I hope this helps.