Payout in foreign currency

Valentina108
Level 2
Sofia, Bulgaria

Payout in foreign currency

Hi all,

I am a host. My listing is priced in USD, and the account that I receive the payouts is also in USD. However, when I receive payouts Airbnb converts the USD amount into my local currency and I receive a notification that they have sent me a certain amount in my local currecy. I receive the money in my USD account. The problem is that in this way there are two conversions before I receive the money and I lose from the fees. I do not understand why is the amount converted into local currency since both the listing and my bank account are in USD. Does anyone else have that problem and can I do anything to fix that?

Regards,

Valentina

4 Replies 4
Nicolas651
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Hi Guys, 

Having CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES issues when receiving payouts. (the above help article is not helpful and doesn't seem to be up to date)

I've had the same problem in the past: Setting up payouts in CAD and receiving USD which was converted twice. Then opened up a USD bank account but Airbnb wasn't able to wire the payments to that account either. So, I couldn't find a workround a couple of years ago.

Now I'm wondering if this has changed? 

I see new options in the payout preferences including: 

Paypal in CAD

Paypal in USD

Bank Transfer in CAD

Payoneer prepaid card in USD

I'm wondering if any of the above helps reduce the loss on currencty conversion? 

There should be a clear Troublshooting or documentation on how each payout system works.

And AirBnB policy on currencty conversion fees or spread should be CLEARLY STATED somewhere. (I couldn't find it)

Anyone can advice?

I just joined and got my first payment and they have paid me in USD in my paypal account although I live in Australia and requested AUD, have rang and email number of times, no results and I am losing money with every booking as PayPal converts USD in AUD and lose every time.

dont know what to do except quit or I creas my prices...any help would be appreciated

Philippe1171
Level 1
Gstaad, CH

There is no Solution offered by Airbnb, they convert all currency first to USD then payout by converting a second time to the bank currency of each country where the account is held....its terrible manipulation of FX conversion.

All hosts loose money this way 

My Example 

I have a euro based property 

Currency of rental is set in Euro 

Airbnb converts to USD then again converts back to my preferred bank 

This case its Russian account but Airbnb will only trsnsfer in Rubles ...not to my Russian Euro account... im loosing about 4% on cross rate exchanges..