Pending Reservation

Angela1
Level 1
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Pending Reservation

Hi, I am a host and My calander for the 10th-19th December is coloured orange meaning pending. However, I have not seen the request come through to either approve or decline for the traveller. It is very strange and I have not experienced this before. When I click on the person it doesn't even let me open their home page. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,
Angela
2 Replies 2
Bridget0
Level 10
Redmond, WA

It is odd in many ways. As I understand it - a guest has made a reservation for your place but did not have the correct ID verification. Airbnb outs their request on hold while getting them to get their ID verification done. It is something like 12-24 hours. In the meantime, your calendar is blocked and there is no mail or notification sent to you explaining it, causing the confusion and worry that you and every other host experiences when seeing this anomoly. If they fill out everything correctly you will get a request as usual to accept or decline. If they don't it will just open those days. I don't use Instant Book so don't know if this is different in thta case but at least now you know.

Yes, and it isn't fair that the host loses potential bookings this way but thats the case!

Carol0
Level 3
Seattle, WA

You should call your local AirBnB customer service number -- sometimes they can explain what is happening in more detail.