Pending Verification

Frank305
Level 2
Durham, NC

Pending Verification

I have a guest whose verification is pending.  She has paid and my calendar is blocked.  What should I do?

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

If she has paid, @Frank305, and it's only their verification pending, they should be able to resolve it. It would have been worse with pending or frozen payments - if Airbnb doesn't receive them, they do not pay the host.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Ryan59
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

@Frank305, you can only wait for it to be done. You can also message the guest to complete the verification, but it's down to them. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. Only other possiblity is to call airbnb and request them to cancel it if it's taking too long, but don't cancel from airbnb in any case at all.

Genevieve93
Level 2
Halifax, Canada

I think I have the same problem. My guest needed verification, so she did it (I can see it on her profile), and she said she's paid, but my calendar won't let her in. It won't let me do anything on those dates, either. It keeps saying Verification Pending.  Do I just assume she's done something wrong or that Air BnB is slow? 

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Genevieve93 Definitely call Airbnb. There may be a slow down in the system - I had a guest today book and he said he was showing as 'pending' versus confirmed - but it did confirm him within 20 minutes or so. On the other hand, I had another potential guest book and payment was not verified. 24 hours went by, the guest was cancelled by Airbnb, and then the prospective guest booked AGAIN - and AGAIN the payment did not go through. And I had ZERO communication from the guest about any of this; no responses to my messages, etc. So I called ABB and they did offer to cancel it without penalty to me. The dates were in July - that's high season in my beach vacation area and I can't afford to have the dates tied up by someone who has not managed to pay for the booking despite having plenty of time to do so. So rule of thumb is always call Airbnb so someone can review the situation and assist you. Let them cancel, or it will hurt your chances to become a Super Host.

Thank you, Rebecca. How do I call them? I couldn't find a phone number on the site. I'm new at this and absolutely don't want to mess up!