Pending review on Dashboard even after I have made it

Pedro393
Level 2
Porto, Portugal

Pending review on Dashboard even after I have made it

Hi Everyone! 
I have a pending review notification that doesn't go away even though I have already made the review. When I click on the notification it tells me that I "can no longer edit that review".

Well I don't want to edit it. I just would like the notification to disapear. Now I just have 6 days. I know this influences the rating of our listing. Can anyone help me on this?

6 Replies 6
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Log out, clean the cookies, log in again, @Pedro393.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Pedro393
Level 2
Porto, Portugal

Thank you very much @Marzena0 .

That was a good try. But it did not work. I am also logged in on the app for iPad and android smartphone, as well as on another computer. Does it mean that I have to clean cookie data on all devices?. Because on iPad I don't even think that's posible...
Well the worst that can happen is in 4 days, the notification will go away but I won't know if the review was or was not submmited... 

Any other thoughts that might help

@Pedro393 I think it's a fault right now, because it's happened with 2 out of my last 3 reviews. I contacted Airbnb abd they fixed it for both reviews that were stuck. They said the problem was on their end.

@Pedro393 I have had this very same thing happen: review is already written but the notification hangs around.

Eventually it will go away. If the guest writes (or has written) a review, it should go away sooner.

Otherwise, it might hang around the full 14 days you have to write a review.

Pedro393
Level 2
Porto, Portugal

Thank you very much Alexandra and Matthew!

Guissell0
Level 1
Santo Domingo, Nicaragua

The technical issues with airbnb are IMMENSE there are so many problems and they don't seem to care UNLESS you spend lots of energy and time writing and then frustratingly you finally call- I waited on hold for airbnb customer support 25 minutes last night!

This same problem has recently happened to us several times now and we are so frustrated with airbnb on so many levels....but lack of customer support is a major issue !!

The reviews are written by both host and guests and never published unless you call airbnb and make them push the correct button to fix it ....I tried patiently writing and explaining ...after bizarre nonsensical  replies and messages from robo calls that hang up from airbnb..... and more frustration building with such immense lack of customer support  - YOU HAVE TO CALL AIRBNB ....there is no other way ! 

All customer support is now outside the US - all my contacts have been in the Phillipines which could be fine...except when you read a message that says "all phone lines are closed at this time" !

Additionally there are idiosincracies in language - some replies to my quieres were so bizarre I am sure that the airbnb customer support did not read my message nor understand my question/issue which completely frustrates any customer.

HOW is that even possible that this international corp.....with guests arriving and departing at all hours and hosts receiving all sorts of issues to deal with =  AND AIRBNB IS UNREACHABLE or with personnel who do not comprehend the issues/questions and reply with robo calls which hang up on the customer or with nonsensical answers??!!

My initial experience with airbnb was so positive but sadly over the last year has changed so much and I relate it partially to when airbnb discontinued "LIVE CHAT" !!

All international service corporations offer it ... hotels....banks...credit cards.... ALL HAVE "LIVE CHAT"  !

Call it = "Instant help and professional assistance" - quick and efficient = problems resolved nearly 100% of the time immediately ...no waiting, no frustration or unresolved issues ! 

That is the type of customer service which airbnb was built on ...it built their reputation....which is now floundering ! Or will be if they don't make some major improvements ! Maybe YELP reviews for airbnb customer support would show the airbnb management that there is a MAJOR issue with customer support !!! 

I hope somebody at airbnb reads these conversations....cuz they show there are major issues!

Fix your technical issues....publish the reviews - make the payouts to the hosts as guests have already paid you .....or remove your "heart" symbol attached to the airbnb logo since what does that really mean if your customer service is lacking ?!