Pet Fee Function Petition

Andrew2236
Level 1
Elfers, FL

Pet Fee Function Petition

I am creating this petition to have the developers of Airbnb create a "Pet Fee" function. The host will put the amount per pet and the guest should be able to check the box how many pets will be and the fees should automatically be added to the final cost of stay. 

I'm sorry Airbnb but the "Special Offer" you suggest is not the solution.

21 Replies 21
Fernando1561
Level 5
Sarasota, FL

This has been a request of all the hosts that allow pets for many years but airbnb doesn;t want do it because it says that the reservation is going up in price and sends us the problem to the hosts  and  many guests do not want to pay and get  upset

Diane1142
Level 1
Sheridan, CO

Does anyone know how to return a pet fee? When I click on send/request money, it asks me to change the reservation. Since they paid via the request money function, the fee doesn't show up on the reservation. Ideas?

@Diane1142

You can send money through the Resolution Center.

Ted & Chris

I appreciate you. Unfortunately, doing that requires me to change the reservation. Dang airbnb! This should be so simple. 

Mark1723
Level 5
Irvine, CA

I am a "Double SuperHost" (2 homes listed.) It boggles my mind that AirBnB hasn't implemented a pet fee by now! It seems such an incredibly simple and obvious feature!

We are pet friendly, but pets often result in extra housekeeping duties (and expenses.)

Being able to charge say $10/night per pet, for example, seems to me to be a no brainer! If we can charge a cleaning fee, why not a pet fee? I haven't seen one word of a sensible explanation for AirBnB!

AirBnB's competitors (like VRBO) have offered this service for years!

Scores of AirBnB hosts have expressed their desire for this feature! Get with the program AirBnB!

Katherine658
Level 2
Chicago, IL

how do i sign . the way the pet fee is now is stupid. let's get something good in place.  we need a set box to check when they bring pets. 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Andrew2236 

Hey everyone,

We’re very happy to share some details with you that have been recently announced! In the following weeks, Hosts will finally be able to add a Pet fee to their listing. 🙌 🐕

We really appreciate your feedback, so please share with the Community your first impressions on the new feature once it has launched. We look forward to hearing what you think. 😊

Thanks,

Liv