Pet rating?

Christine812
Level 2
Clearwater, FL

Pet rating?

Hello guys!

How do we start a conversation?

I would like to see how many hosts would like to see other hosts rate pets. When you host someome with pets/pet, let us know how they did would be great for the next hosts. 

-Pet rating as a new option. What do you guysg think?

-Add emojis, por favor, SVP :). 

I have more ideas I’d love to share. Let me know. 

Thank you (waving bye) 

*[Post moved to make new topic – title updated]

7 Replies 7
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Christine812

Hi Christine, when you go back to the hosting page, out of these individual threads you will see on the upper right side of the page a red field that has in it 'Start a Conversation'. If you click on that you will be able to put in a header and then say what you want to say. 

By what you have said here you have some good thoughts and pets could well be a fine topic for conversation and discussion.

Go back to 'Hosting'  and give it a go, hey Christine!

Cheers.....Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Christine812,

Great to meet you and to hear you would like to start a new topic. 

I've moved your question out of the other topic, as it makes it easier to find and for the other one to follow. 

@Robin4, has also kindly shared the details on how to start a new conversation, for future reference. 🙂 

If you have any further questions on this, just let us know.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

I think it's a great idea. It would also be helpful for them to be endorsed by Airbnb as "official" service or ESA animals, similar to how humans do "Verified ID".

Hosts have been begging for a "Pet fee" line item for years (at least since I started hosting 4 years ago), so I won't hold my breath on Pet/Animal profiles.

Julie143
Level 10
Princeton, NJ

I think it’s a good idea. That might make me willing to host pets. I have a large, fenced back yard that I know would be attractive to dog owners, but I don’t want to risk someone bringing a destructive pet. If the pet had positive reviews it would put my mind at ease.

Terri38
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

YES!!!
I have only hosted a pet a few times. .And one guide dog (I lost count of the number of times 'Goldie' snuck up on me - only knew she was there when I met a cold, wet nose!)

As I have a cat and a bird,  I do specify that pets are not the sort that leap up on everything/everyone and run madly around and had no great problems as so far, every pet owner has accurately described their pet.   As 95% of my guests are from overseas, I am not likely to be hosting many pets - but interestingly enough, most of the ones I have hosted, have been ex-pats who have collected their cat or dog straight from quarantine.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Although we have a dog, I have had to reluctantly enforce a 'No Pets' policy because, every policy I have ever had anything to do with is open to exploitation. 

As well as a dog we have a garden, and one we put a bit of effort into, and our dog is a social dog, no neurosise about strangers. But one woman who was clearly deceptive about the size of her dogs turned our rear garden into a virtual desert wasteland. Even mature Rose bushes were broken off at their bases, About 70% of our garden was destroyed....... so that's it, since then, although I love animals, no guests animal is welcome here. 

Friends with animals respect your environment, guests with animals don't!

But having said that I do think this would be a fine topic for discussion!

Cheers.....Rob

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Christine812 I already do this by making sure I mention the dog(s) by name in my reviews of their people so future hosts will know how they behaved. I think it's a simple workaround and hopefully helps out both the dog's owner and future hosts.

@Allison2 This would be impossible. There is no official registry of service animals, and no way to verify that they are legitimate. The only question that you can ask is if they are trained to perform a specific task; I'm not sure how Airbnb would regulate this. ESAs are a whole other ball of wax, and are not required to be accepted in accomodations. They also have no specific training, so good behaviour is far from guaranteed.