Petty Complaints - add yours!

Petty Complaints - add yours!

Based on my original post and a suggestion from another lovely host, what are your ridiculous and petty complaints that you have received from guests? I will kick us off

Bird song in the morning was annoying and loud. 

49 Replies 49
Natalie725
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

One guest complained about the edges of the bed and said I needed to purchase soft corners for them so she wouldn't bang her knee. She also complained about laundry detergent and hand soap smelling too fragrant.. 

I had another guest who complained about being given only one set of keys for her and her friend (I rent one private room in my apartment and in my opinion - one room - one key?? ). 

Another guy looked through my huge array of leaflets and asked why I didn't have an old school map of the city. Out of the hundreds of museum brochures and public transport leaflets etc.. He had to ask for a map. Ever heard of Google Maps man ??? 

My parents also used to run a BnB and one couple tried to file a court claim for some dead flies on the windowsill. That one tops it for me! 

Guests, huh 

... one couple tried to file a court claim for some dead flies on the windowsill...." 

hahaha @Natalie725  😄 it is hard to beat that 😄 😄 😄

I'd have just let them keep the flies.

Pat347
Level 4
Edmonton, Canada

- Public transportation stop at midnight, why not 24 hours?

- guest put wrong code - why door won't open?

- guest call host at 2 a.m. - host not pick up the phone??

- why my house not in downtown -\(. .)/- because i need it out of downtown darrr 

Helen0
Level 10
Manchester, United Kingdom

Apparently my cat made one guest uncomfortable because she was "staring at him"......

Cat 1: Human nil 😹

Denise80
Level 9
Hamilton, New Zealand

I've got one to add.

I had a complaint that I should have told them that I supplied a hair dryer because his wife brought her own and didn't need to so took up space in the suitcase (it is in the listing as an amenity)

@Denise80    I had the same, and I even have a photo of a hairdryer in my gallery.

Sean433
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@She3 

This just in...

1) "There are no tall glasses for a big glass of water"  - our current glasses are medium size, not big enough for her apparently. I am 220lb and I find the size of the glasses are sufficient for me but sure.

2) "there are no full size coffee cups. Most people like a real cup of coffee in the morning" - we have really cute European size coffee cups, but too small for her indulgent self. So now we are bringing her bigger sizes. First listing I have had to have 2 sizes of coffee mugs. Who are you to say "most people". Have you ever been to other parts of the world where people don't drink x-large coffees?

3) "There is only one dish cloth so we did not want to use that" - Why wouldn't you use it and how is that a problem? If there were two wash cloths, does that mean you would only use 1? This was a head scratcher

4) "The outlets in the bathrooms do not work so for 4 women trying to do their hair, it was not very convenient" - There is a reset button right in the middle of the outlets that says reset on it. Just press it and wallah

So I work full-time and manage another business as well. I am super busy and unable to bring those things at this moment. This is her last day and she just now communicates these things. In order to not get a bad review for this listing which currently has a perfect 5 star rating, I asked my pregnant wife to go bring her difference sizes of glasses and mugs and show her how to press a reset button.

She will be sure to get an honest review from me should she decide to review me.

@Sean433  Ridiculous. Hopefully mentioning all this on her last day doesn't mean she's going to apply for  refund.

I have to say, though, that I wouldn't be that pleased with "cute European-style coffee cups". I have 2 mugs of coffee in the morning- I'd probably be having to make 6 of those little cups before I fulfilled my caffeine quotient 🙂

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

I had a guest knock stars off the "check in" category because she couldn't figure out which door to use.

It's a duplex with a #1 on the door. 

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

Guest blasts the AC at 65F continuously during a heat wave (~92F).

"It would be nice if you had more throw blankets"

Dude. You've gotta be kidding. There are 2 throw blankets in the lounge of this summer rental. Plus 4 extra blankets in the closet. Or you could just turn off the AC?

"The sound of the sea was a bit loud"

we are in a clifftop village, a few hundred yards from a coastal hiking trail that they have been walking along for two weeks, beside the sea.

Me: I' ll phone Cornwall council and they'll turn the sea off for you at night if that helps......Or you could close your triple glazed window.

"A badger knocked me over on the way back from the pub"  

Me: 🤷‍♂️

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kevin1322 Are you sure you weren’t the one who knocked them over?! This is hilarious! 😂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I remember a host posting that a guest had actually said that they should move the "Deer crossing" sign down the block to another spot, because it was a really inconvenient spot for the deer to cross and held up traffic..