Petty Complaints - add yours!

Petty Complaints - add yours!

Based on my original post and a suggestion from another lovely host, what are your ridiculous and petty complaints that you have received from guests? I will kick us off

Bird song in the morning was annoying and loud. 

49 Replies 49
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sheri16  @Sarah977  @Yadira22  @Ange2  @Kevin1322 

I have learned that no matter how well you spell something out, there will always be that guest who will be totally confused and mark you down because their IQ didn't reach double figures!

How about this one.....this humongous issues resulted in, not only a 4 for check-in but, was of such a concern that it warranted an overall 4 star!

George check-in!.png

REALLY........ here is the information that awaits every guest 'out the front' day or night!!!

IMG20191119202717.jpg

Night after night it looks like a sodding runway at JFK for Christ sake. Am I missing something here? Is this a case of 'familiarity breeds contempt" and I should have realised that what I provided here was open to some sort of negative interpretation!! Could I have made it clearer that the guest has arrived at their destination! Even the bloody dog should have been a dead giveaway, I mention her enough in the listing description!

You can't second guess them, you can't out-think them, they live in this bubble where no amount of commonsense matters. They feel the need to make a statement.....and if that statement makes them look a right 'fruitcake', so be it!

Cheers.......Rob 

Jillian54
Level 2
South Charleston, OH

“Your bathroom smells” (found out they didn’t like my lavender air freshener scent) 

“There are dogs here; I walked up to their kennels and they barked at me.” (Listing states in multiple places that three dogs live on site and are kenneled when we are away). 

“Your front door is too heavy.” 

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

Hi all....just had a review and the guest told me I need to do something about all the light coming in, I'm guessing she meant the sunshine into the bedroom in the morning.  I have a door with frosted glass in the top half leading into the bathroom and an over the door hanger with 5 hooks, I also thought about the sun, an figured you can hang towels up if it bothers you.  She went on to say she an her husband have found a solution by bringing a roll of aluminum foil an painters tape to cover windows, I kid you not.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

"Rags for curtains" - They are proper curtains, from a shop.

"Cleaning rags on bath" - For YOUR spillages Sir!

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

This is an old thread but happy to share some recent "feedback."

1. One rocking chair on the front porch creaked when the guest sat on it.
  2. We have a trash can next to the toilet with a sign on it asking for guests to use it for feminine product disposal and spare the plumbing. One male guest found this offensive. He didn't like that there was a trash can for those items next to where he was using the bathroom and felt "unwelcome using that bathroom."
  3. A guest complained that the TV was turned to a new station they didn't like when they initially turned it on. We now make sure its left on HGTV.
  4. Guests regularly complain if they see an insect, even outside.
  5. Our sofa is too low for some guests, too long for others, some don't like leather, some don't think its long enough (9.5 feet.)
  6. We don't  have a Williams Sonoma garlic press.