Philippine Customer Service

Isamu0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Philippine Customer Service

So I've found that dealing with the customer service located in the Philippines is extremely aggravating and they are hard to deal with, often jumping the gun or grasping straws to make decisions as case managers. Is there any way to make sure you get US based customer service agents or case managers?

I'm to the point where I feel like asking customer service where they are located before I even talk to them.

25 Replies 25
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Isamu0 Try contacting Airbnb through Twitter - I've heard it gets faster & more professional responses.  Send them a message on Twitter @AirbnbHelp. Hope that helps & I feel your pain! Karen

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Maria758
Level 9
Washington, DC

Hola @Isamu0!

I agree, sometimes when I call into Customer Service Line, and not just Airbnb, communication can get a little difficult if I am connected with an overseas call center.

However, I am sure that all Airbnb Call Centers adhere to the same training and given an opporutnity, the Phillipines, or India, or Antartica location will be just as helpful as a US Call Center.  If you get an agent who is having a bad day, however, that's a different story.

We have been hosting since October 2016 and we think Airbnb is an excellent platform for travel and alternative lodging. It’s a great way to get that “local” experience and a wonderful way to share your home with like-minded “strangers,” at least when it comes to the sharing economy.  One of the things that make them so great, aside from the Guests and Hosts, is their customer service.

Perhaps you should give them another chance.  Have a little patience and go into this next attempt with an open-mind and a positive outlook.  Personally, I prefer talking to someone directly, instead of Tweeting, so I would try again.

Happy Hosting!

Izzie, Co-Host

LOV Puerto Rico

Glad you are happy with your AirBnB experience as a host.   As a traveller, it is a total nightmare. And in general, it seems ALL companies are now outsourcing EVERYTHING to foreign countries.  I have no prejudices whatsoever, and many of the representatives are incredibly polite for sure, but if you cannot understand a word they are saying (and I find that with India or Philipines especially), the call is extremely aggravating.  I would much rather have a way to communicate via Live Chat, so language barriers do not interfere.  Not sure what the problem is with doing that.  My other concern is I believe in Philipines, I was told their computers were down multiple times, and that resulted in several mistakes getting a reservation confirmed.  

Untrue. It's the level of English. And if Antarctica can speak English like a native anglophone even better. 

Alexander284
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

hi, good day! my tenants ask me  how is the processing of payments?

Since my calls started being automatically being directed to airbnb in the Phillipines I have had nothing but issues and problems some minor...but 3 major ones.....with even one 'jumped up' individual' counter-manding the US call centre case manager and over turning a decision on something financially significant. The outcome of ALL of my complaints about them including the 3 major situations was to receive an acknowledgment and apology from the US and Dublin based offices. The said/admitted they had some 'consistency issues' in terms of dealing with hosts! 

Ahsan4
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

This Philpine call centre is becoming nightmare , what has air B and B centre standards come to ? Was held on the phone for 17 minutes and line dropped . 

So frustrated with service . 

Phil157
Level 2
Massachusetts, United States

I could not agree more.

All I get now is the Philippines call Center and they won't transfer me anywhere else.  I just called twice.  All they suggest is that I keep calling in hopes that I might get a USA person.  Ridiculous waste of time.

Of course, like the rest of you, I have asked them in the past to handle things but they have proven just to be incapable of it for one reason or another.

I have been on this platform for 8 years, I have 100s of positive reviews, I am a SuperHost... I short, I know what I am doing so I only call when something is particularly problematic or troublesome and, of course, anything like that requires a certain amount of finesse and expertise, which those in the Philippines call center, try as they do, simply do not yet possess.
Unfortunately now, in my experience, there is a considerable pattern of Airbnb saying "no" where it used to say "yes". With everything from basic good and responsive customer care and support to common sense thinking, Airbnb has shown less and less interest in being a company that responds to its users and appears to be devolving into yet another big company that does what it wants, whether that results in a positive and worthwhile experience for its users or not and without providing any reasonable explanation as to why they are saying "no".

I had hoped at least one dept at Airbnb would redeem itself once these missteps were pointed out but not the Philippines call center, nor the dept that deals with searches (my listing does not show up in a search of the town it is in), nor the sudden auto-lock on my account when I was far away in Austria that made it impossible for me to accept a reservation, nor the Experience team have done anything differently when glaring problems have been pointed out.

To have an auto lock on logins when someone uses a different device while traveling is so nonsensical that it's hard to know where to begin... Airbnb users travel, thus, don't auto lock them out for "security" reasons because travelers often use new devices in new locations when, you guessed it, traveling. Also, don't make the security check involve the Airbnb user's account phone number only because, while traveling to distant parts of the world, they might not have access to that phone number. These points are just so obvious and basic that Airbnb appears to have lost its common sense and, thus, much of its credibility.  If that happens with enough users, it will be the slow demise of the company. And, how odd to go down that road, when saying "yes" is a) what the company used to do and b) not difficult to do when you apply the smallest amount of common sense to all these obvious problems.

17 minutes itself is almost like heaven!  But getting dropped is what drives you crazy.  I actually got my call picked up after 1 minutes, but the customer rep took over 60 minutes to accomplish NOTHING (I really believe she was handling other calls in that time, and not doing anything to help me). Working with AirBnB has been a nightmare as a traveller.  I am seriously thinking of dropping them ever again, since I do not like having my credit card information with a company that appears to be so incompetent.  It will probably be only a matter of time before we hear all our credit card information has been stolen.

Akanksha4
Level 2
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

100% in agreement that Phillipines Airbnb Customer Support Centre provides poor quality service. Not only is it difficult to understand them, they do not display the patience or will to listen to a caller. As with all other companies outsourcing their customer services, I find their agents just read off a screen or use pre-written responses without understanding the individual case. Really really bad experiences recently with them...  which is a right shame because airbnb is such a great concept! Hope they sort it out although I don't have high hopes..

瑪麗0
Level 2
Taipei City, Taiwan

May I follow up of my request refund regarding my cancelled reservation last August 17-18?

Sergio634
Level 2
Manila, Philippines

Hi, how can I refund my cancelled booking from the host ang still charging on my card?

Muy0
Level 2
Phuket, TH

I feel your pain , it's an absolute nightmare and nothing ever gets sorted or if it does it's 20 messages and 10 calls later , what a nightmare my life with 20 properties and 10 different owners has become