Phone number hidden

Phone number hidden

My guest and I cannot see each others phone numbers, she needed to contact me as she is arriving today and she is having problems paying through Airbnb and we need to communicate which each other.

6 Replies 6
Canti-and-Dash0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

It's supposed to be hidden to protect you as a host. Also, please don't use other payment method other than Airbnb because you're going to risk yourself getting banned.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You cannot see each other's phone numbers, @Louise100, because she has not actually booked your place. She is not yet your guest. Best practice is to wait until she sorts the payment herself and finalises the booking. Letting her arrive before she does is a recipe for disaster (and for further frantic questions to the community).

Tell her to give Airbnb a call if she needs.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

If you don't have each others' contact information, that means you do not have a reservation.  They hide this information to protect both the host and the guest.  The guest needs to pay through the Airbnb system, period.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If you have a guest who has problems paying via AirBnB then they will be problem guests...avoid at all costs.

Judy135
Level 2
Louisville, KY

I was referring someone to a kayak rental company and couldn't get their business phone number to go through. They were not going to book with me but wanted the other information. Trying to be helpful; it wasn't my phone number.

Trevor162
Level 1
New York, NY

airbnb hides this info because communication not via airbnb can lead to arrangements that dont involve giving them their service fee which is how they make money