Plastic bottles

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

Plastic bottles

Plastic bottles are big news in the UK at present. So I was wondering about creative ways to reduce the use of single use plastic in our listing. 

Currently we provide two bottles of water in the fridge and extra 2litre bottles in the listing with a borehole supply. 

We will stop supplying the water and provide a water flask and a reusable glass bottle of the tap water to chill in the fridge. 

Any other ideas? 

67 Replies 67
Rion0
Level 2
Saint Petersburg, FL

And some folks are super concerned about where the water comes from and what kind of plastic its bottled in

Rion Bergquist
Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

I have always used resuable flasks... the ones I supply are insanely insulated and so water stays cold for HOURS no matter when guests arrive.  I got mine at Costco last summer for those of us lucky enough to be near a Costco.  I keep a second set in my fridge if guests want a refill.  Summers here are getting warmer each year, and air conditioning is a rarity in my area.  Guests love them and ask where to buy them.  

Other ways I reduce plastic use, biodegradable EVERYTHING, lol.  I purchase compostable bin liners on Amazon - and since I do mostly one night stays, that's three bags per guest of plastic saved.  I also use compostable to-go cups/lids/sleeves for my guests who wish to take their coffee/tea on the road.  My space is virtually plastic free.  

MaryEllen11
Level 2
United States

Just wondering how do you keep tabs on the flasks? I have noticed guests think they are a gift.

Mark1050
Level 2
Helper, UT

Lol I love the “super insulated “ your in coupville there are only 14 days a year above 80 it’s just us Washingtonians that melt in what So Cal would call winter. Great tip though

Mark1050
Level 2
Helper, UT

I just got one of those PUR pitchers and leve a few Nalgene bottles they can take on day trips.

Explore Resource Center articles

Making your home ready for guests
Tips from Airbnb plus hosts: How to add thoughtful touches
Supporting guests during their stay