Platform Update has made my listing disappear!

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

Platform Update has made my listing disappear!

Hi All:

Have just noticed that the platform has gone thru a bit of an update, which has changed the appearance and format of our listings. Sadly, when I do a generic search for my property type (ie, no dates) my listing no longer appears. The geo locator seems to be working, because if I search for an "entire place" with any of my available dates, it pops up, and is in the correct spot on the map.

Have contacted support, and have been passed off to tech, so am waiting on them. Anyone else get bumped off with the update? Can anyone make any suggestions for a fix?

I seem to remember @Susan17 having trouble with geo location...does this sound familiar, Susan?

82 Replies 82

@Lizzie  so odd! My calendar shows availability from January '20 on.   There is definitely a glitch.  I contacted CS again...let's see what happens.  😉

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yeah, that was my worry that you weren't aware of it being closed from Jan onwards @Ann489. I wonder, you don't have the calendar preference that says bookings are only allowed within the next two months for example? Plus, the days you have manually blocked out? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie   I think we got it figured out.  Thanks, for your quick response, Lizzie!  🙂

I do see our condo coming up again -- and definitely on the map, where it had fallen off before. Thanks for following up on this!

Hi,

It was fixed for me too!  Thank you for the follow up.

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Listing page views for some of our listings have been way below "market median" recently .... one owner said she couldn't see her property listing at all .... I searched and it didn't show up .... move the map a bit and, when the map is in a very specific position, that property shows up .... move the map a bit more and it disappears again ....

I tried lots of searches with different filters and spotted that sometimes, such as when selecting "dog friendly" but no dates, only 3 properties showed up in an entire town with dozens and dozens of properties to rent .... settings dates didn't really change anything much ....

I also spotted that when searching in this town (Town A), one of my properties in another nearby town (Town B) showed up .... it shouldn't have done .... and when I search Town B, one of the properties from Town A shows up ....

I checked all my listings and although I am 100% sure that under Location > Map Marker, I selected "Specific location" for all of them, they were all marked as "General location (default)". So this morning, I changed the settings to "Specific location". This evening, I repeated a couple of my previous test searches and a few of my listings are showing again. However, I haven't tested as much as before, been far too busy. I'll give it a couple of days to see if "Listing page views" increases .....

The same happens to my listing 3 days now.. But worst.. mylisting does not appear either in search results nor in map!

i tried various dates.. in various months... the same result..

Kerry320
Level 2
Leeds, United Kingdom

Hi, I have been receiving emails from airbnb asking me to update my property type, in particular my single room, I have updated settings but have now received an email saying my single room is unlisted until I update. I am not very technical and not sure how to correct this, can anyone help. Kerry, Leeds, England.