Platform "demand" get stucked with our calendar, Any advices?

Ricardo309
Level 6
La Chapelle-des-Pots, France

Platform "demand" get stucked with our calendar, Any advices?

Hi everyone!

I find myself blocked several time by "demand" . Most of the time guests can book without asking for information. When they do so, if you accept and they never fulfill the booking you end up blocking your calendar. So, I prefer answering to them and waiting for their response before to accept! If they don't do it in 24h time the calendar blocks itself too?

I found myself juggling with my calendar blocked by the platform for a while trying to unlock the date to let the very same person booking it again... Sounds strange... Where  have I been missing a step?

Any advices will be welcomed!

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ricardo309 

I  do not understand your problem.

If you receive a booking request, it blocks your calender and you have 24 hours to decide: decline or accept. Within this time lap you can communicate with the guest, if you wish.

If you receive an inquiry , the dates on the calender are not blocked. Just answer the question within 24 hours, with option to accept (then the guest is granted to book, but dates are still free on the calender).

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Ricardo309
Level 6

Hi Emiel,

Thank you for your distinction between request and inquiry, even though it looks similar to me as it shows only the title "demande" in French (as for as I noticed there weren't any differences.)

It was probably a booking request I took as an inquiry and bug the calendar over the 24 hours without any reply from my guest.

The question is why does it still block the calendar afterwards? I have to undo the blocking option to get back to its booking...

Have a nice day!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ricardo309 If you accept an inquiry (in the UK) it gives you the option of blocking the dates or not. Usually best not to block the dates in case the person is making several inquiries.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Ricardo309 

Sorry to read you are experiencing problems with your calendar been blocked off without your knowledge and puzzled how it's happening.

Have you looked at your calendar views over the last 4 -5 months to establish if dates were blocked to make it look like a person has booked or stayed but hasn't done either that you are aware of?

I ask as we have had a problem with our calendar showing diagonal strike through lines & no email or txt alert to so much as be an enquiry or Instant booking.

They are dates that show as available in advance but when checking my views monthly calendar appear to have been booked or blocked without my been able to establish "why ", who has done this and how it keeps happening.

Clearing the cache etc hasn't made any difference which is frustrating to Hosts & Guests who are trying to support ABB in these challenging times we live in.

If you would please let us know if that's happening France to.

I've phoned Customer Services, filled out "feedback" on that page & mentioned it here in CC.

If you would be so kind to take screenshots & try put them in this topic as I can't seem to be able to upload images in CC from my phone & I'm currently not able to access laptop.

Thanks in advance @Ricardo309 

@Katie @Liv @Quincy @Lizzie another Host who is also having ongoing calendar & booking issues.

This is causing us to miss paid reservations.

Please find out what's causing this & report back as these problems are not isolated incidents/ Glitches.

Thanks 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ricardo309 I'm so sorry to hear you're getting this issue. Do let us know if the advice from @Mike-And-Jane0 has helped to clarify what was going wrong here, and as @Helen427 says, it's best to report it via the feedback link. 

It may also be a good idea to ask your fellow hosts in the French language CC, as they may be more familiar with the local terms and language used on the French version of the site/app 😊

Ricardo309
Level 6

Hi Katie,

The comments in English were useful and tend to be more positive than in French.... (whenever it comes to co-hosts...)

Thank you!