Please don't use white towels to remove makeup

Answered!
Joe227
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Please don't use white towels to remove makeup

Hey Guys,

I have tried many ways like adding this to house manual, hanging a note on washroom mirror, puting a note on towels, direct message to female guests before check-in and Im surprise its still happening and they clean their makeup with white towels ! some gens clean the showes as well!. I am surprise how these makeup matterials are made that even bleaching towels can not remove the stains! therefore I have to buy new set ot towels every 2 months or less.

I'm wondering if anyone has a successful experiance.

Thanks

Joe

1 Best Answer
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

I can't believe that people use ANY of the host's linen to remove make up..... I wouldn't consider it reasonable to impose extra laundering costs or destroy towels. I've never worn make up in my life, but if I did, I would think it proper to travel with my own means of removal; either my own wash cloth or  disposable wipes.

View Best Answer in original post

49 Replies 49

This is why I use black towels. I recently bought two white robes and needed to throw them away after a week. I tried to bleach the make up from the white pillow cases I had, after 5x washing them, still make up on them. I quit having white bedding and towels. 

I’m not sure if this has already been said but it could be “spray tan” that stuff never comes out. We use nothing but grey towels and I buy new every 10-12 months. 

Andrea2500
Level 2
Pullman, WA

Here is a super helpful article on how to get out those Airbnb make up stains https://mammamode.com/stop-airbnb-guests-from-staining-your-towels-with-makeup-forever/

Joseph-And-Lisa0
Level 2
Huntington Beach, CA

I purchased black wash cloths that say “make up “ embroidered on them.

Purchased from amazon.