Please help :( period blood

Amir24
Level 2
Sarajevo, BA

Please help :( period blood

My guest just checked out, and when I came in to clean the room. I have noticed really nasty smell, and blood on my sheets.

How can I cleand this? And is it safe to use these sheets again?

Also my next guest are coming in few hours, and I would like advice on how to get rid of the smell.

Let me know if you have had to deal with this before, and how you have handeld it.

Thanks in advance

Amir

5 Replies 5
Marie21
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Cold water to clean blood from bed linen

and if white u need to bleach after and 90 wash 

But please dont use hot water on blood stain 1st ONLY COLD

Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

Here are three easy ways @Amir24, BUT like @Marie21 says... ONLY cold water!

1. Salt Water: Rinse the garment completely in cold running water, then soak in a solution of 1 cup salt to 8 cups COLD water. Let the stain soak for 60 minutes. Rinse the item in cold water. Wash as directed.
  2. Ammonia :Use approximately 2 teaspoons of ammonia with a pint of cold water and a few drops of hydrogen peroxide and rinse it with cold water. Wash as directed.
  3. Shampoo: Add a bit of shampoo directly to the stain while rubbing the soiled portion until the stain is removed. Wash as directed.
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Amir24 Also IF there is a chance you will be requesting that the guest reimburse you for the ruined items you will need photos of damage AND you will need to enter the Resolution Center request BEFORE your next guest checks in. 

Amir24
Level 2
Sarajevo, BA

Thank you all for your advice!

I did a double soak, once with just cold water and once cold water + salt.

Stains are mostly out, now it is of to washer at 90° with some stain remover rubbed into stains 🙂

Unfortunatly , I do not take security deposit. But I guess it's time to learn form mistakes.

Steven614
Level 4
West Palm Beach, FL

I’ve just got this same issue - horrible guest came in with body odor for 2 day stay. Did not leave the house nor the room for 2 days except to ruin my bathroom. When I checked as she left she had clogged my toilet with blood soaked toilet paper, looks like an entire roll. Another roll in the trash. 2 sanitary napkins unwrapped in my guest bathroom trash. White towel with blood stains. Blood stains all over the bathroom. She took out all the linens I had left in the guest bedroom closet and thankfully I had removed most of the towels so it wasn’t too much since a previous guest had done something else causing me to move them.  Left food everywhere despite me not seeing her bring any in. Nothing made the trash except her bloody feminine bapkins and it appears she managed to splash blood everywhere. She could have any disease known to man. I put in a request for $250. Partly for a ruined towel partly for deep cleaning because she had horrible body odor and partly for the blood. Also partly because she had a package come to my home via fed ex without my permission or consent. Though I only had my security set to $150 so I expect I won’t get what I’m asking.  I also have to air out the room and that is extra time and effort and energy because this woman had some body odor that was horrible. I should have turned her away when I smelled the body odor.