Plight of AirBnB Contractors

Bryan93
Level 4
Surrey, Canada

Plight of AirBnB Contractors

I want to make a callout to some other owners who have contractors working for us. If you have the means to help, we need to think of them also. I've been supporting our exceptional cleaning contractors, as they are on very hard times right now. If I get any money (the 25% or 12.5% or 0%) back from AirBnB, most of it will go to the cleaners, who are struggling right now to pay for basic necessities of life like food and rent.

If you can afford, I hope you don't leave them out in the cold like AirBnB did to the hosts. 

2 Replies 2
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Bryan93 Yes, I have been paying mine about half. They just roam around and spring clean the empty houses. Over and over again. They have organized board games. They wanted to alphabetize the books but I thought that might freak future guests out

Catherine2252
Level 8
Toulon, France

@Bryan93 @Inna22 

You can sign the petition for class action from Airbnb hosts. 19 120 signatures. If Airbnb had respected our rights, we could have supported our contractors, because a lot of hosts know the meaning of the words community and solidarity. Not like Airbnb!!

https://www.change.org/p/airbnb-airbnb-breach-of-contract-class-action-lawsuit-violate-cancellation-...