[Poll] Do you use the guest email feature?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Poll] Do you use the guest email feature?

529648_GettyImages-755651165ForYou.jpg

Hello everyone,

We haven't had a poll in the Community Center for a while, so we thought it was about time and I'm quite intrigued to see the results! The Product Team would love to hear your feedback relating to the guest email messaging feature. This is the feature which generates a unique and anonymous email for your guest, which would resemble something like this: stephanie-dfsnsns@guest.airbnb.com and is one option to communicate with your guests. 

In order to participate in this poll, simply choose 'yes', 'no' or 'sometimes' in the box below in answer to the question 'Do you use the email guest feature?' and then click 'submit'. Then write a comment below in the thread telling us more about your choice and your experience of the three options - e.g. I don't use the email guest feature, I prefer to use the Airbnb messaging tool, to keep track of my conversation.

It would also be great to hear any additional comments on this feature below. Do keep an eye out on this discussion, as we will be providing the results as more come in. 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

78 Replies 78

@Stephanie  Thanks for the update. However, i am not interested in yet another step. Putting the map I need to send my guests in some third party location so I can then send them a link. Airbnb should be making things easier for hosts, but everything they do makes it more complicated.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If your production team are looking at issues @Stephanie  could they tell us why a) they removed our ability to send check in instructions to our guests b) why we can't send attachments through the messaging system c) why they have removed our ability to block problem guests directly on the platform.

Also when guests book, can they be reminded of the importance of setting up alerts to messages received through Airbnb. I have had to chase guests multiple times and even end up phoning them because they are not responding to Airbnb messages.

In answer to the actual questions, I use it when I can't reach guests or need to send an attachment.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Helen3 ,

To answer your questions where I can:

a) Now you can send your checkin instructions from your Saved messages option on your profile. You can edit these currently on desktop only. Kath shared some really good once back in March if you are looking for some extras! 

b) Yes, as mentioned, it's functionality that is being built right now to add the attachments, will let you know as soon as I have more information

c) Will drop a line to the Product team regarding this functionality.

Thanks,

Steph

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks @Stephanie  Yes my grip is I adding in self-check instructions which guests say they don't already receive (Airbnb meant to send them 72 hours before).

If I find they don't have them and I am out and about, I can't click the icon on my phone as I used to, to attach, but have to write them out manually in a message if I don't have any stored.