[Poll] How far in advance do you open your calendar?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

[Poll] How far in advance do you open your calendar?

Jenny_0-1662981125343.png

Hi everyone,

Deciding how far in advance to open your calendar is no easy task. A booking could fall on a date you didn't know you wouldn't be available on, prices might need adjusting as seasons, events and circumstances change, or you might have a more in-depth strategy to maximise bookings. 

There is a myriad of reasons that could lead you to manage your calendar in different ways, and we'd love to hear more about how you approach this!

So tell us, how long do you usually open your calendar for? 

Tell us more about your answer and why that is in the comments below 💡

Thanks, 

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

22 Replies 22
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

That sounds sensible, @Diane1315. Where are you planning to move, if you sell the house?  Will you continue with Airbnb if you move?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

We have not planned that far ahead yet.  I would like to continue with Airbnb, but it all depends on where we end up.

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

Although, I do 9 months, I do a pulse check every 2 weeks or so to make sure nothing has come up in my personal life in the mean time where I need to make adjustments to dates available or blocked. 

Cem126
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

I am new to the Airbnb community and I was surprised when a German couple booked 6 month in advance for March.

I was not not sure about how long it was possible to book in advance so I checked it. It was set up for 1 year. I guess for me it is the best to set up for 6 or at most 9 month. 
Usually my guests book only 1-8 days in advance.

CB
Amy2419
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Right now I teeter between 3 and 6 months in advance. My issue is the cancellation policy. I would like to offer moderate except for some very key/peak times where I make a big percentage of my income where I want firm or strict. By having a shorter time frame I keep it open, I then switch over to firm when it gets to my peak season. This problem could be solved if Airbnb would allow you to change your cancellation policy for high season. If anyone has any better solutions for this, would love to hear from you. 

Pam5
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Malindi, Kenya

I always avail my listing one year in advance not unless there is a specific event or travel I need to factor in my planning process.

PamG
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

I open calender 2 weeks in advance.  It means the "availability window" setting is a useless option for me as "3 months" is the shortest time period to choose from. Would appreciate a "1 month" option.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Maximum 3 months, as we provide a private room in our own appartment. We need to be flexible with that and with our life plans.