[Poll] How long after a stay do you leave a review?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Poll] How long after a stay do you leave a review?

Laptop and coffee.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Over the past few years, I have read many comments on when to leave a review for your guests following the end of a reservation. Some prefer to do it right after the end of a stay, and others wait a bit, or even wait until the very last moment to write one. It would be interesting to learn more about your habits, preferences, and the reasons behind them.

With that said, how long after a booking has ended do you leave a review?

Thank you,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

40 Replies 40
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Quincy we review after we have cleaned so could be next say or a few says after the guest leaves. Any earlier and you don't know what state the place has been left in.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's very true @Mike-And-Jane0! Probably best to check things before reviewing 👀

-----

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I don't review a guest unless they review me. Unless of course, I need to issue a warning or click that I would not host them again.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Emilia42, thanks for explaining this further in the comments! Hopefully, you didn't have to do any of those actions. 

-----

Room-X-Room0
Level 2
Grandview, MO

I leave a review after cleaning to verify no damage which is normally 24-48hrs after stay. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for replying @Room-X-Room0 😊. How much time do you take to write a review for a guest if I may ask? (e.g. 1 minute or 5 minutes) 

-----

@Quincy Definitely less than 1 min…normally simple and to the point. I think I’ve wrote only 1-2 long ones and that was for guest I wouldn’t host again. 

Don4430
Level 2
Oklahoma City, OK

Sometimes it's a day or 2 before I can get over there to clean and check things out. I wait until after that. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fair enough @Don4430! It's important to check if everything is OK 👀

-----

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

Generally the same day after cleaning.  

I live right across the street so I nip over as soon as they head off.

After my housekeeper and I do the turnover I’ll send them a message thanking them for their stay, thanks for being great guests and for leaving the house looking great (if applicable).  I then leave their review. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh, living nearby is very convenient @Amanda660! I like that you send them a message after their stay 😃. Do they reply back to your message usually? 

-----

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

@Quincy straight after I send the message I then write their review. They usually write theirs soon after -  possibly because they know it will be favourable as I’ve already said all was good.  I think this helps encourage encourage folks to review.

@Amanda660 I like your message to them thanking them for being a great guests. Great idea. 

Veronica1076
Level 2
Houston, TX

So far, I reviewed my first two guest the day after their checkout. Since they were good reviews I didn’t think about it. Waited until last day with my recent guest that broken rules and left house dirty. Sigh! Learning experience for sure!