[Poll] How long after a stay do you leave a review?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Poll] How long after a stay do you leave a review?

Laptop and coffee.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Over the past few years, I have read many comments on when to leave a review for your guests following the end of a reservation. Some prefer to do it right after the end of a stay, and others wait a bit, or even wait until the very last moment to write one. It would be interesting to learn more about your habits, preferences, and the reasons behind them.

With that said, how long after a booking has ended do you leave a review?

Thank you,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

40 Replies 40
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the guest that broke your rules @Veronica1076. What kind of review did you write for that particular guest? (if I may ask)

-----

Mentioned how unfortunate the experience was for me to write the review due to rules not being followed. Didn’t mention any details. On my end, it is an experience to grow from as a host. Will update rules to make them easy to understand and concise for potential guest to review before booking. @Quincy 

Michael5047
Level 6
West Palm Beach, FL

Within a couple of hours after check out.

Mike from West Palm
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing @Michael5047!

-----

Sharon1535
Level 1
Downers Grove, IL

If all went well, I make sure either my cleaning lady or myself inspect the property , then post a review.  If there is anything minor wrong, I tell them privately.   Overall I have had great luck with guests except for a couple. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Let's you hope you won't have any issues @Sharon1535

-----

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

I write a (short) review when the last reminder comes in and only if the guest has also left a review. I consider the rating system to be rubbish so I'm not really interested in it and do not look at reviews.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for your feedback @Emiel1 🙂

-----

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Quincy 

It really varies to be honest. For a long time, I used to wait until the guest left me a review. Now, if all was well and the guest was lovely, I might wait, I might not. The recent good guests I've hosted have left a review really quickly. If the stay did not go so smoothly and the guest was problematic, I'm more likely to wait.

There are a few reasons for this. I firstly don't want to prompt them to leave a review if I think it might be retaliatory or otherwise not great. If they've already left a review and I have a feeling it's not going to be glowing, I want to wait until newer, better reviews come in if that's possible, so that theirs won't be sat on top! Also, it's just good to have a cooling off period so that you're calmer when writing the review.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Very interesting to hear this @Huma0! Thanks for sharing 😊

-----

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

I wait until after I thoroughly clean the unit just to make sure there are no surprises. This could take a week because I clean piecemeal. I don’t have the energy to clean everything in a day or 2. So I’m happy to not get guests back-to-back. So I wait more than a week before I rate my guests. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fair enough @Gwen386! There's no rush 🙂

-----

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

I leave a review as soon as the Airbnb prompt pops up in my email. We live on the same lot as our Airbnb listing so as soon as our guest has left, I pop in to view the condition of the unit. 99.5% of the time the unit is left in good condition. I just wish guest would leave a review as well….only 5 star reviews though!! 😜

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Let's hope it stays immaculate @Ana2038!

-----

Mert53
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

Hello Quincy, I wait to leave a review according to host manners and behavior. So, it’s better to wait couple of days to not have any trouble in the future.