Poor Support

Andy542
Level 3
Oria, Spain

Poor Support

Anyone had recent issues?  In this current Covid crisis and to cap it all getting a message from Airbnb on Boxing Day I got a kick in the teeth.

Apprx. 7am email from Airbnb stating my listing has been de-activated.  I was gutted as I'm struggling financially and hosting is my only source of income.  Trying to contact Airbnb Support is like pulling teeth.  Well I tried online chat but Support instantly without explanation cut me off with no way to respond.  I then had to telephone but had to borrow a phone, oh dear it is against Airbnb policy to chat on a phone not linked to a hosts account.  Well that did it, anyway they decided to help............or so I thought.  Promised me that the issue was being escalated and would be sorted or contacted by that evening.  Nothing!  Then went back to Support Agents message to respond to that but they had "closed the case" so unable to respond.  I tried online chat again only to be cut off as before except on last attempt where briefly messages flowed and was told case still open and I was to see ticket number blah blah, then I was instantly cut off rudely again!  Now I've searched the Airbnb site but can I fine reference to complaints/issues and ticket numbers?  Of course not, that would be too easy.  Can anyone else enlighten me as to how I'm supposed to see this "Please see reference ticket for your concern" ?  Anyone else getting similar treatment from Customer Support especially at this trying time?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Andy542 

It is the useal way Airbnb CS is "operating", we all suffer from this.

By "ticket" they mean the internal(!) system were all issues are logged, which is not accessable by you.

Only the burps coming from it by way of "robotic" emails in your Inbox, useally of no help.

I would recommend Twitter (Account: AirbnbHelp). For general complaints etc you can use:

Airbnb Feedback

If your listing is (hopefully temporary) taken offline, it useally is a result of a issue (safety, complaining guest, violations of terms,  etc..)

Do you have any idea what could be the reason ?

added:

I see you have one listing still online, but it has no reviews.

So the reviews in your account are about another listing, the one which is disabled now ?

Hi, some violation of their terms regarding pictures but no clue when I go to the listed room which has had same pics for 2 years.  Most of my bookings are from Booking.com, the room/apartment that is still listed is relatively new to Airbnb.

When I telephoned support they could not see any violations.  Told someone would get back to me shortly, that was this morning but when I asked what shortly meant they closed the conversation down again.  Terrible company to deal with and especially when struggling at present.  Will be on the telephone to them tomorrow as in Spain certain movement restrictions have been lifted and could be missing bookings for when the Spanish celebrate around from New Year to the 6th Jan approx.

Oh and I've been leaving feedback for all the good that will do lol.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

If it's an issue regarding photos, and you've had the same photos for 2 years, is it possible that you've changed something in the unit so that some photos are no longer an accurate representation and maybe a guest complained?

@Andy542

Haven't a clue, and all photos are a true representation as what you see is what you get lol.  Finally had a message from support that allowed me to answer yet still no clue as to what photos.  Have removed some and asked there advice so all I can do is wait for a possible response.  Would it not have been better had they sent a message of Christmas wishes stating we have had to remove some of your photos?  Well I think it would have been a better approach  🙂