Poor design of the calendar

Poor design of the calendar

Greetings everyone

Is it me or is the calendar the WORST piece of graphic interface ever? Managing the booking prices and availability system is maddening enough as it is so  unncessesaily complicated. They need to take a look at the many other clear, concise, and user-friendly booking software options. However, the calendar drives me mad. Mine doesn't even have any lines delineating the days of the month and is just a sea of feint (oh sooo trendy grey) lines and numbers. It is truly awful and needs some contrast, some clarity and some indication of where and what you are acually looking at visually.......immediately. This is what 'graphic' means. Instead it is trying to be so self-consciously minimalist, and monochrome that it fails all the requirements of good design. The people who designed it, and allowed it, should be fired. I constantly wonder how a company as big as Airbnb can sanction such frustrating, user-unfriendly rubbish.  

5 Replies 5

I think that's one reason why channel managers and PMS options are becoming increasingly popular!

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Christian152 Have you noticed that many of the functions on both the site and the app are sort of sub-par?  Like they must have an off-brand version of autocorrect in the messaging section of the app, and an off-brand widget for loading pages, and an off-brand thing for push notifications...so your excellent points make me think they've got an off-brand graphic designer for the calendar.  🙂

Well there must be some explanation for it! It does feel 'bolted together' and they have obviously had to add options to allow for a more nuanced booking system as time has gone on.  I still don't think it excuses the result. I gather they're very good listeners so maybe they'll address it (that's English irony). 

Rafael1300
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I am happy to find people thinking alike in this matter.

It is the **bleep**tiest design ever, not intuitive at all and reason many people give up  and do not use this platform.

I am having problems with this piece of **bleep**.

My gosh I do not know who is the stupidest was the designer or airbnb , which bought such a **bleep**.

Bloody hell, get a grip and use the money you earn to fix this crap!!!

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Rafael1300 - sorry to hear that you're unhappy.  What specific improvements do you think could be made?  I'm happy to pass along any constructive feedback or suggestions.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines