Portland, OR Hosts

Taylor0
Level 2
Portland, OR

Portland, OR Hosts

This is a thread where Portland hosts can connect about topics and events for their community!

40 Replies 40

Thank you Lizzie!  I always hesitate a moment to put my personal information out there, so I appreciate your added layer of protection.  And I appreciate being able to have a conversation with Hannah as well.  Have a great holiday season!   Debi

@Lizzie, I did as you suggested and hovered over Hannah's profile picture but I don't see an option to send her a message.  I can view her profile but that's all.  Am I missing a step?

Elizabeth1080
Level 1
Portland, OR

I am thinking about listing my property on Air Bnb. However, I am concerned about how seasonal the Portland area can be. Does any one have insight on how well your proberty is booked Oct through May? Thanks!  

Sam816
Level 1
Hong Kong

Hi all - can a house owner hire a host (or co-host) to help manage the Airbnb for me? I rented out the main home and would like to use the basement (with ext. access) as Airbnb and I will be gone for an overseas assignment for a while.

Any sharing would be appreciated!

Sam, there are a number of co-hosts and property management companies in Host2Host.org that can look after your listing.

Debi1
Level 10
Portland, OR

Host2Host is celebrating HostFest 2109 this Sunday, October 13 from 4-7.  Featuring Joseph Michelli, author of The Airbnb Way, and fantastic raffle prizes.  Come meet your fellow hosts and learn about Host2Host!

Oct 2019 HostFest 2019 Flyer 3.jpg

Lucia1883
Level 2
Portland, OR

Hi, We are going to host our own unit now after having a company called Loftium do it for a little over a year. They got our unit up and running while pursuing the permit but now that I try to set up my own account it needs the permit number, a TLT form and proof of address before I can go live for bookings. Is this a new thing or am I missing something? I emailed the city for a copy but the automated message says they way behind for Covid reasons. Thanks!

@Lucia1883 Lucia, did you get this resolved?

Dina586
Level 2
Portland, OR

Hello! I manage various listings in the Portland area, mostly in Laurelhurst, Irvington and Sellwood.  I'm looking to take on a couple more clients in the Spring of 2021.  If you are looking for a reliable cohost with great reviews and references, give me a call.  DIna (503) 706-6500

Alex7989
Level 2
Portland, OR

Portland ASTR permit requires that we keep a guest log with names and vehicle info. How important is this? Does everyone else do this?

@Alex7989  it's a good idea to collect this information.  I know a host who has been fined because he couldn't produce these records.  Some hosts use a 3x5 card in the listing, and others have an online form they ask to be filled out before arrival.  Also, there is a very robust host group in Portland called Host2Host if you have interest. We share a lot of experience and information with each other and would love to have you join.