Possible Scam?

Erin38
Level 1
Salt Lake City, UT

Possible Scam?

Yesterday I had a return guest send me a message requesting over two months in the winter time here in my resort town. I have a one bedroom one bath and the cost was going to be over $10,000. I recently turned off my multiple day discounts. He reminded me that he had just been here and loved it very much and has a job opportunity for two months and would love to rent my place again. I waited about an hour thinking he would realize that’s a ridiculous price and then I excepted his request. A few minutes later he requested to adjust the dates and explained that it was his birthday and he would like to stay there through his birthday. I get excepted his request answering him both times with some personal notes. Within 30 minutes he canceled. Does anyone else think this is just an odd situation? I can’t think of what the scam would be but the whole thing just didn’t make any sense.

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Erin38 Yes, it sounds rather odd, but I wouldn't waste time trying to figure it out. I can't think of any particular scam this would be, maybe he's just discombobulated?