Level 10
San Antonio, TX

Post is removed again

Why was my post removed? 

52 Replies 52
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

It was probably considered controversial, and probably violated some community standard.  I got your whole post in my email anyway.

@Pat3Brillant! 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Juan63 ,

Your post wasn't removed, rather caught in the spam filter - this is because there was some formatting that didn't comply with the platform making it appear in a more code-like way. Anywho, fixed it now and you can see the original post here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/The-Post-Admins-felt-the-need-to-censor-Ad-lib-anyone/m-...

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie  I would beg to differ, I had another post a week or so with a similar tone that also was removed or “caught” in the spam filter perhaps. Both times was told they were against Airbnb guidelines. As Ian mentioned, the one you speak of was not the original post.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Juan63  Hmm, let me have trawl of the catch net. As a rule, any post that is edited or removed should also be accompanied with a DM from the team - if/when that doesn't happen please let us know at your earliest convenience. It doesn't help anyone to have things edits/disappear and no reason given to the poster.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie FWIW I and other posters have definitely had posts edited without notice lately. Somebody changed the literal series of 4 asterisks “****” to “poop” in one of my posts, which I found very annoying, not to mention dumb.

@Nick 

Mike323
Level 9
Middletown, PA

@Juan63 I for one would like the opportunity to see your contribution to the community before someone else decides for me that I don’t need to see it. 

@Juan63 Scroll to bottom of post to equip yourself in laying foundation necessary to move forward. E.O. plus section 230 will be important:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Attn-Host-forum-mods/td-p/1313902

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

Enough is enough. We should advocate for the Airbnb forum or any other forum who chooses to silence voices, to be treated as a publisher. 

@Juan63 Its coming.

TWTR, FB, YT, etc will set the pace.

Metric to watch is TWTR / POTUS relationship.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Juan63 

I became a guest in 2013 and immediately fell in love with Airbnb. Since then, I've visited 40 countries and 100's of cities, hosted well over 1200 guests, and looked forward to constantly improving our space. Of course, I'm biased, but after staying in many Airbnb's throughout my travels, ours by far, was the best. I learned from others and created a hi-tech well designed experience, like no other. We've always had an occupancy average in the 90's. As hosts, we made such an impact with our guests that we were set to be featured in Airbnb magazine in May 2020 for our city. This was before Covid of course. That issue was never released.

Wow...how times of changed. I remember when a bad guest was a very rare occasion. When it did happen, customer service was there in minutes! Those were the days. We've recently had a series of terrible guests, specifically the damaging of bedding,  furniture and rule breaking. This inevitably ending in a retaliatory bad review due to requesting them to pay for the damages. To top it off,  Airbnb has decided to support a Marxist organization #BLM, in my opinion, and hand over $500k to this political group instead of using that to support it's hosts. Wait times to speak with CS has reached 30 minutes to hours and even days.

For the first time in 7 years, the Airbnb brand has gone from one that I LOVE and shared with my friends to one I equate with frustration, anger and disappointment.  I don't know what my next move will be, but I blocked most of July to really clear my head and decide if I break up with you for good.

Very sad day...

Juan's deleted post. Courtesy of @Pat271 

@Mike323  For your  consideration

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Juan63 

As hosts, we made such an impact with our guests that we were set to be featured in Airbnb magazine in May 2020 for our city. This was before Covid of course. That issue was never released.

That is such an achievement, and your place is something really special. It must be really difficult for you existing in this love/hate relationship where Airbnb want to use you for for PR, but not listen to what you want to say.. This is a very sad state of affairs.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

C'mon, @Juan63 , you know darn well why it was removed. The original post, which I never saw, just the copy Ian posted here was fine, and I'm sure it wouldn't have been removed, except you just had  to work in the "Marxist" comment. What did you expect?

@Sarah977 Wrong again Sarah, I posted with #blm removed and the other dirty word with only ma and it still was removed. But hey we know where you stand with dissenting speech. Sad times when modern day book burning is happening and economic terms are considered so offensive that they can’t be uttered. Voldemort!