Post is removed again

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

Post is removed again

Why was my post removed? 

52 Replies 52

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

Maybe that's because @Juan63  is under observation and You aren't. But that doesn't make sense either, because You are just as disturbing as Juan is 🙂

@Stephanie , You recently told me that whenever I make a joke I should mark it as a joke which I did. I hope You appreciate that.

@Ute42 

😂😂😂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Nice to see you back @Ute42 . I'm glad I know you well enough to get when you're tongue in cheek! 

The spam quarantine is a fickle beast that often acts on its own odd accord. For example, some of the post from last years Month of Celebration got caught by it 😒

If you post something and it seems to magically disappear, please drop us a message (myself or any other OCM) so we can recover it asap!

Vielen dank,

Steph

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 thank you for this response, you’re a better detective than me. 🙂

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 

Are you saying @Juan63 's post was removed because he mentioned BLM is a Marxist organisation?

- I thought BLM IS Marxist, so what's wrong with @Juan63 saying so?- And BLM's Marxism is precisely the reason why I don't support them, or want any association with them! I thought we left Marxism behind in the 20th Century?!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Helen350  Yes, I think that's why the original post was removed, but I don't know any better than you do why. BLM, as far as I'm aware, does not say it is a "Marxist" organisation.  

I happen to agree with @Juan63 that if Airbnb had a spare half a mil kicking around, it should have been used to upgrade their abyssmal customer service- and perhaps employ some competent tech staff who don't think it's okay to revamp our hosting pages so that they are more difficult to use and unilaterally decide that we don't need features that are important to us, and add features that aren't. And not give us any information as to where they have hidden things.

If Mr. Chesky and the rest of the high muckedy-mucks at Airbnb wished to show support for BLM, they should have done it from their own private bank accounts- it would have had the same optics.  If a CEO of a compnay is known to have donated, from his own pocket, to some entity, people who are impressed with that associate the donation with the company that CEO runs and will then support that company.

If I was strongly opposed to what a company donated to and supported, I would simply stop supporting that company in any way. That's why I don't have a Facebook account, don't use Amazon, etc. Anyone who is opposed to BLM can cease to list on the Airbnb platform. No one is forcing anyone to list on a platform whose politics they disagree with.

The nuclear family is a discussion all to itself. But I will say that the idea that it is "traditional" is entirely false. Human beings are biologically tribal. Children who grow up in a large "extended family", are generally much more well-adjusted than those that grow up with just mom and dad around. The nuclear family can be crazy-making.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

After reading this thread, I know several discussions are going on here and that there are a lot of different opinions. However, I have noticed that some comments on this discussion have become rather personal and does not benefit the community nor is it in line with our guidelines.

Personally, I feel that this conversation has gotten off track, therefore, I have decided to close this topic.

Thank you all for your participation.

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen