San Antonio, TX

Post is removed again

Why was my post removed? 

52 Replies 52
Michelle1709
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Juan

In my view you’re compartmentalising. There is a bigger picture here and as your reproduced ‘unedited‘ post shows, you are attempting to skirt boundaries. It looks like a practical decision from my vantage point. 

@Michelle1709 skirting boundaries is against what policy? Are you offended by my skirting of boundaries? Did this dissenting speech allow you the opportunity to disagree with me? So, where’s the problem? There was nothing wrong with the original post anyways so “skirting” was not my intention.

Michelle1709
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

@Juan63 I haven’t stated any position of agreement or disagreement. I hold that your argument is an impractical position for a public commercial forum. Hence the numerous posts complaining about malicious feedback. Can’t have it all ways.

@Michelle1709  Not sure what you are referring to when you say “can’t have it all ways.” I’m principled and consistent, more speech not less.

@Sarah977 What I expect is for Airbnb to not act like a publisher and allow dissenting speech. It’s an opinion about an organization. It’s not directed at an individual or a calling for violence. You know what I find offensive? The idea that a company would use fees, that I pay, to support an organization that is for “disrupting the traditional nuclear family....” Those are not my words, that’s directly off their website. You can look it up for full context. But for me, in any context, that is not ok. I also expect when one of us asks the admin to point at what’s the offended part to be open and transparent and tell you! Not give a fake friendly and vague response so they don’t appear have to take a stance.

Michelle1709
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

@Juan63 Where would you prefer to see funds directed?

@Michelle1709 to airbnb business related costs, such as more CS reps. Wait times are atrocious. 

Michelle1709
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

@Juan63  Sounds like a rational position to me. Was there any necessity for the other comments then?

@Michelle1709 that’s not for you to decide and it should not be for Airbnb to decide. They are not a publisher. Besides that, we pay fees to Airbnb, we are also “part of a community” where Airbnb claims to be inclusive so dissent should be welcomed.

Michelle1709
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

@Juan63 I don’t think my reply constitutes a ‘decision’? You asked a question in your original post and I responded. I did however ask you a question though.

@Michelle1709 You are getting lost in the weeds and off topic. Have a good day.

Michelle1709
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

@Juan63  It’s been emotional 😁

@Michelle1709 👌 

@Michelle1709 

@Juan63 Where would you prefer to see funds directed?

He already said - to Hosts... read:

.....and hand over $500k to this political group instead of using that to support it's hosts.

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  Yes I got that thanks