Posting makes no sense.

Posting makes no sense.

I just posted a new item.

I got one response right away, from a person in Canada which I can no longer see. 

When I look at the posting now I see "1 Response". But I see no response.

And I see "Join the conversation". But I see no way, or a place to click, to actually join the conversation.

The posting in question is here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Leaving-a-negative-review-for-a-guest-Asking-for-feedbac...

What did I do wrong?

9 Replies 9

I think I may need to post the original posting again, because I cannot make this one work. As if I wasn't frustrated enough yet about a bad guest who created a lot of damage and headache.

@Abrasha-and-Maria0  It must have been some tech glitch. I had also composed a response to you, but when I clicked on Reply, it said the post couldn't be found.

If you are going to repost it, post it in the "Host Circle" section of this forum (red logo). That's a better spot for those kind of review feedback questions, as that section is only visible to other hosts.

The "Hosting" and "Help" sections can be read and responded to by either hosts or guests. It's unlikely that your guest would come here and see it, but you never know.

@Sarah977  Thank you for your reply.

I tired to post the same issue in the "Host Circle" and got this notice: 

"Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)"

Now I can't even post the issue again and/or read or respond to the original issue.

I really hate the constant glitches that the Airbnb site always throws at me. Support when you really need it doesn't exist.

I'm extremely frustrated. No matter what I try, either look at the original post, or post  the same post again. I can't see the "1 Reply" I am supposed to have received, nor can I "Join the conversation",  because there is no red button that says "Join the conversation" on that post. The only button I see is "Unfollow"

What am I supposed to do now?

What am I supposed to do to post an item and hopefully get responses that I can read and respond to?

@Abrasha-and-Maria0  Sometimes posts or responses here just get lost in cyberspace. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does occasionally. I try to remember to copy my responses before hitting Reply, so I can just repaste it if that happens.

If you have a copy of what you posted, just repost it as a new topic in Host Circle. If not, maybe the moderators can retrieve it. @Nick @Stephanie - can you help here?

@Sarah977 , postin in "Host Circle" does not work. All I get is:
"Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)"

I do have a copy of the original post. In fact I can still go there. It still says "1 Reply" (without being able to see that reply) and it also says "Join the conversation" with a button that says "Join the conversation". The only button I see is Unfollow.

Posting it again in "Host Circle" continues to get me ""Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)"

@Abrasha-and-Maria0  I think that means you will have to wait 3600 seconds (what a weird time frame designation- only Airbnb programmers could come up with calling an hour 3600 seconds) to try to post it again.

@Sarah977, 3600 seconds is 1 hour. I waited more than 1 hour and it still did not work.

I actually just got off the phone with Airbnb support (he is in Southeast Asia) and he suggested to just change the title of the topic. Which I did. 

I was then finally able to repost the topic again. The new title now is "Guest review. Asking for feedback from the community." I did not change anything in the text of the topic itself, only the title. I assume you can search foro it in the Host Circle.

I would appreciate it if you could find the topic again, and leave the comment you said you originally left that you could no longer find either. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the tag on this @Sarah977 

I think the page must have timed out  @Abrasha-and-Maria0 . 

Here is the post: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Leaving-a-negative-review-for-a-guest-Asking-for-feedbac...