Pre-Arbitration

Pre-Arbitration

Greetings everyone

I am reaching out to day to see if anyone has entered into Airbnbs pre-arbitration process? We have had a terrible time with airbnb helping us with damage to our home from a guest and we have now requested to go into the arbitration process under the host guarantee.

Hope to hear back

Bryan and Lisa

6 Replies 6
Maritza17
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

I just sent Airbnb my intent to file for arbitration. Someone sent me a message to do it and I decided what more could I lose. I was left with $1500 in damages so far and I too had no luck with Airbnb. But I see now that it's the norm here. But I cannot allow someone to destroy my property rate me all 1's and state that I profiled them. I guess I will let you know how this goes. 

I'm trying to file Arbtriation with Airbnb. How did you start the process? I'm not getting any help from the Case Manager . 

I'd be interested in learning more about this too! 

Mention arbitration to a case manager and you will never hear from them again.  You will be assigned to another "case manager" more useless than the  first.  I have not fininished my issue with Airbnb but seems to me they want to make you quit and decide the claim isnt worth it.  At this point its not the money its the principle of the alleged "1 Million Host Guarantee" 

Wesley58
Level 3
Albany, NY

It seems that AirBnb, while reluctant to get into processes like arbitration, does have limits to how much they will dodge and weave their way out of situations. In order to make sure the company follows through with their insurance policy, I have simply made it a business process of mine to call AirBnB daily to deal with claims. 

It's unfortunate that I have to do this, but I can say with confidence that my attrition due to cases falling through has greatly reduced. My tip is to keep everything in a list.

I Co-Host in New York and New Jersey
My Email Address:  *
My Phone Number: **
***[To view listings, hover over profile image and click, 'View profile']

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Leplubo0
Level 8
Los Angeles, CA

@Bryan-And-Lisa0 I would love to have an update here.

Also anyone can tell which is the right form to file?

https://www.adr.org/Forms