Preparation time

Belinda8
Level 2
Ubud, Indonesia

Preparation time

For some reason my bookings show a day each side for 'preparation time'.  How do I change this?  Guests can arrive on the same day of departure from previous guest.

I dont want this 'prepartion time' for each day either side of booking as it stops other guests from being able to book this day.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

15 Replies 15
Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Hi Belinda

LOG IN.....then you have to go into settings on your profile, under manage listing and change your settings to read that you will accept same day bookings. its extremely important that you play around with every option on your profile that you know what you have.  I checked and clicked on every feature on my profile to see what's available BEFORE I even turned on my listing.   Take the time to learn what you can do, what you can changed, and what your options are.  That way its set the way you want it for every guests to see.

Do you also have your account to accept only guests WHO HAVE BEEN VERIFIED WITH THEIR ID, PASSPORT or drivers license.?  Thats important.

hope this helps. 

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Hi Momi

Thanks for the reply but I think you mean go to 

Manage my listing

Booking

Advance Notice

Choose : Same day

I've done all of this and I still have the 'cup of coffee' sign blocking off day before and after.

Can you help?

Thanks

Hi @Belinda8,

It is actually located where your calendar is located and then choose "Availablilty Settings" and then "Preparation Time".

prep.jpeg

Happy hosting!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Polly15
Level 1
Noosa Heads, Australia

Hi everyone!

I normally have a day for preparation, but with my last booking, I didnt get one, so I have someone leaving and someone arriving on the same day!

Perry27
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Is there a way to add a setting to just 1 night before? The current setting of 1 night before and after means that in between bookings there will be 2 days that cannot be booked instead of just 1. Thank you. 

The only way I have found to do this is to do it manually.  I turned off the Preparation Time to "none" and then just manually block off the night before a guest is to arrive.  Its a little extra work on my end, but at least it frees up a few more available nights in my calendar. 

@Matthew530  You don't need to do this. It confused me for a long time, thinking that it would mean I had 2 days blocked. But it actually doesn't work like that. The one day block after can overlap with a one day before, so you actually do only end up with 1 day blocked between reservations. 

Guest A checks out the morning of the 1st. The 1st will be blocked for bookings (the 1 day after) But Guest B can book for the 2nd- the one day after also becomes the 1 day before. 

If they didn't do it like this- 1 day before and after, someone would be able to book the night of the 1st.

Thanks for clarifying Sarah!  That makes much more sense.  

me too. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Perry27  No there is not. 

@Letti0, Is that something we can request Airbnb? 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Perry27@Letti0  This seems like it really should be changed- I can't take same day bookings, as I also have a job, and I want a day prep time, since where I live, the room can end up with dust and a dead bug or two in a day, so I like to clean it thoroughly no longer than 24 hours before a guest arrives, then I whip through for a quick check a few hours before guest arrival. But why in the world would I need a day AFTER the guest leaves, if I don't take same day bookings? It doesn't make any sense.

Kimanh1
Level 2
Melrose, MA

How can I skip to accept booking guest B from booking the same day as guest A checking out? I have no time to prepare in 3 hours if guest B book the same day. Please provide how can I set  this up? 
Many thanks 

@Kimanh1  Go to your Availability settings above your calendar. Set it to "Block one day before and after a reservation" . That means no one can check in for the same day that a guest checks out. It sounds like it would block 2 days between reservations (one day after the first stay and 1 day before the next one) but it doesn't- only one day will be blocked between your reservations, giving you time to clean.